Battery replacement program from Apple

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
I've been bitching about my iphone battery for weeks to anyone that'll listen. So glad I'm eligible.

Now I don't feel like I HAVE to get the i6.

A brand spanking new battery could take me 2 more years. Yay!

...unless there's an update that eats battery life.

Sent using iCafe app
Nah! You'll be fine if you have no need for a larger screen. But consider this. You could sell your 5 with the new battery for a good price, then turn around and upgrade to a new 5s. You should be able to get a great deal on the 5s when the 6 is released. It is a better phone than the 5. I still use the 5. But I'm not eligible.

BeLikeTee

Sep 17, 2012
Nah! You'll be fine if you have no need for a larger screen. But consider this. You could sell your 5 with the new battery for a good price, then turn around and upgrade to a new 5s. You should be able to get a great deal on the 5s when the 6 is released. It is a better phone than the 5. I still use the 5. But I'm not eligible.
I don't NEED a bigger screen, I just want one. I REALLY want one. If I do any upgrading, it would be to the i6.

This battery thing gives me more time to think about my options.

Sent using iCafe app

Oct 24, 2010
Denver, CO
So how is the new battery compared to before? Scale of 1 to 10:
View attachment 37966
It is better, but I haven't had a chance to really put it to the test yet. The main battery issue that I had was when it got to about 40% and lower it would completely shutdown. I can't even remember the last time I saw my battery % in the mid low 30's and lower without it shutting down. I felt like it got better with the last iOS upgrade a few months back, but it started doing it again a couple of months ago. For the most part I am in areas that I can charge, but it was getting old.

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
In the process of about to chat with Apple via live chat about upgrading, I found out my iPhone 5 is almost due for battery replacement service, although it is fine now, but as they say it doesn't hold a charge like it first did. BUT of course I am not eligible for the replacement program.

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
In the process of about to chat with Apple via live chat about upgrading, I found out my iPhone 5 is almost due for battery replacement service, although it is fine now, but as they say it doesn't hold a charge like it first did. BUT of course I am not eligible for the replacement program.
When I first got my 5 last year, I got maybe 10 hours per charge. But I used it almost non stop. Now, one year later. I get about 7.5 hours per charge with the same usage. How can Apple tell if you're ready for a battery replacement without testing it? Are they going by the age of the phone and battery?

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
When I first got my 5 last year, I got maybe 10 hours per charge. But I used it almost non stop. Now, one year later. I get about 7.5 hours per charge with the same usage. How can Apple tell if you're ready for a battery replacement without testing it? Are they going by the age of the phone and battery?
I don't have a clue. It said battery requires service after I put in my serial number before I could chat with them about something different. But then i ran iOS diagnostic to get that serial number so I wouldn't have to type it in. They reviewed it and said I need service.

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
So they are replacing batteries, even if your SN isn't in the range or replacements? I used to charge my phone 1x/day and now it's 2-3x/day and my SN is not in the range of replacements.