Battery replacement program from Apple

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
The iPhone 5 serial number you entered is eligible for this program. Please choose one of the service options below.

However, Apple live chat told me the other day it does not qualify due to the time frame.
We need CJ back. He could get you a battery replacement, plus a 27" iMac and ten iPhone cases. And a new car.

Oct 24, 2010
Denver, CO
CJ was awesome. Didn't he try to sell the case that got for free for complaining and also returned a used MacBook and got a new one?

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
But not "old" enough to remember CJ. :D

Wait a minute. You were here for CJ. You don't remember him?
What was CJ's username? I don't recall a "CJ". Also remember I only focus on certain parts of the forum. Not all of it in its entirety.

CJVDH?

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Does anybody know if Best Buy will do this program? My battery was horrible this evening and I qualify for the program but there are no places around me such as authorized companies for this.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Does anybody know if Best Buy will do this program? My battery was horrible this evening and I qualify for the program but there are no places around me such as authorized companies for this.
Call Apple. They take calls 24/7. They will let you know if there is an authorized reseller near you that can handle this. Otherwise, they will probably send you a shipping box.

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Call Apple. They take calls 24/7. They will let you know if there is an authorized reseller near you that can handle this. Otherwise, they will probably send you a shipping box.
They already checked for me and as did I. There is not, but they said to call Best Buy to see if they will follow the battery replacement program or not. If not then I'm not sending the iPhone in. I have no point as I'll either be selling it or trading it in. The thing is though, I'd rather not sell it to someone in person or on eBay with a battery not great. Of course I can mention it, but still.

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
They already checked for me and as did I. There is not, but they said to call Best Buy to see if they will follow the battery replacement program or not. If not then I'm not sending the iPhone in. I have no point as I'll either be selling it or trading it in. The thing is though, I'd rather not sell it to someone in person or on eBay with a battery not great. Of course I can mention it, but still.
Apple Store in Birmingham. Only about 4 hour drive. 3 if you drive like me. :D

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Not sure why anyone would drive four hours to an Apple Store when they will ship it for $29 without AppleCare+ and free with AppleCare+. Gas would cost more than $29.

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Not sure why anyone would drive four hours to an Apple Store when they will ship it for $29 without AppleCare+ and free with AppleCare+. Gas would cost more than $29.
I had to send my MacBook Pro into Apple, but I just don't like sending stuff like that away and not know when id get it back and all. I wish I had an Apple store nearby.

djwindsor

Contributor
Silver
Jul 7, 2009
Neponsit, NY
I had this done nearly a year ago. Just a few weeks before my warranty expired the battery was behaving poorly. The genius assessed this by attaching my phone to their laptop. Changed out in about 45 min and it's been working fine. I was hoping for a swap but my ip5 is still mint.

Sent using iCafe app

Oct 24, 2010
Denver, CO
I had the battery replaced this past Saturday and I will be selling my 5 on Craig's List once I get the 6 (or 6+) and want to include the new battery in the ad, but how can someone confirm if the battery was replaced?

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
I had the battery replaced this past Saturday and I will be selling my 5 on Craig's List once I get the 6 (or 6+) and want to include the new battery in the ad, but how can someone confirm if the battery was replaced?
Maybe with the serial number? Or it'll be in the system of Apple.

Be careful selling on craigslist. I almost just got screwed. A guy named Kane Alex and or Alex Kane. It sounded legit, but then he said he won't negotiate. He'll pay me what I want and can get on eBay. $400 + $20 shipping. What was funny was I said no paypal and I can't ship until after I get the new iPhone. A few emails later I asked and he said he will pay via paypal after I send him my email for PayPal, and then once I see payment cleared (which I guess he'll hope I think it will clear) he wants me to ship it tomorrow. And according to him he couldn't meet me as he's busy with work, so he wanted me to send him photos, which would have been hard as it's tough taking the case off for me. Then after all that I emailed him saying that I told him no PayPal and I can't ship until I get new iPhone. Then I said scammer. Goodbye. Since then no response. Oh also the phone would be for his daughter. The address he gave me was in Kentucky.