Battery replacement...

FuelieNova

Contributor
Silver
Aug 3, 2008
My iPhone 4 battery is fine but I noticed the batteries plus around here now advertise a replacement battery installed for $59.00. They say it is guaranteed for a year. I talked to the guy, he said he needs the phone for about an hour to replace the battery.

First I've heard of anyone replacing batteries other than Apple.
Tom

Iloveiphones

Genius
Platinum
Aug 5, 2010
chatsocially.com
My iPhone 4 battery is fine but I noticed the batteries plus around here now advertise a replacement battery installed for $59.00. They say it is guaranteed for a year. I talked to the guy, he said he needs the phone for about an hour to replace the battery.

First I've heard of anyone replacing batteries other than Apple.
Tom
No don't do it. It will void your warranty if they open it. If it's fine u don't see why you would do it.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

K

keynesbuyer

My iPhone 4 battery is fine but I noticed the batteries plus around here now advertise a replacement battery installed for $59.00. They say it is guaranteed for a year. I talked to the guy, he said he needs the phone for about an hour to replace the battery

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Third party repair shops have been around since 2G iPhone. It's a waste of $59. Your battery is fine. If your battery wasn't fine, Apple would replace it for free. They will probably still replace it for free even if the warranty expired in June.

FuelieNova

Contributor
Silver
Aug 3, 2008
Sorry to mislead... I have no intention of replacing my battery, it works ok for me. I was just trying to let people know there are other solutions. I just plain didn't know people replaced iPhone batteries :p
Tom