Battery suddenly drains on iPhone 6

Discussion in 'iPhone 6' started by michael180, Mar 5, 2015.

1. michael180

michael180 Zealot
    Gold

All of a sudden the battery in my 6 drains within an hour or so. I have nothing running in the background. But if I listen to a few songs, or iHeart radio, the battery empties within an hour or so. It just started happening.

Any suggestions?

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Let the battery run down to the point that the phone powers itself off. Then recharge it to 100% and see if the problem resolves. If it continues, try resetting all settings in the Settings app (Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings). This won't affect your jailbreak.

3. Leo

Leo Zealot
    Silver

If the above post by @Europa doesn't work, another thing you can try doing is going into Settings > General > Background App Refresh > and turn it off, this may help a little. Also apps running in the background won't have any effect on your battery life (as of iOS 7), however always closing apps that you constantly re-open will actually HURT your battery life, it doesn't sound logical, but trust me on this. iOS is really good at power management if you leave things alone. Last, but not least, check your screen brightness, as this will hurt your battery life the most. I usually keep mine at 50%, and with Background App Refresh turned off, after a full 9 hour work shift, my iPhone is still usually around the 80% - 85% mark for battery life remaining. Last resort; restore. You'll lose your jailbreak this way, and Apple is no longer signing 8.1.2, so there's no way to re-jailbreak at this time.

4. BobsApple

BobsApple New Member

I had a issue with my IP6 as well. I had done my last backup to the Cloud on March 2nd. I did add a new app, Nike+Fuel about a week later. Also my keychain was pending . I normally get 8 to 10 hours use then suddenly went to 4 hrs with 10% battery remaining.

I did a reset of everything and used the Cloud to restore my phone. Battery life is back to normal now!

Not sure if it was the app or keychain in pending mode. But I am now a happy camper with great battery life!

Best

Bob