Battery usage stats question

Discussion in 'iPad mini with retina display' started by Jdsmitty10, Dec 17, 2014.

1. Jdsmitty10

Jdsmitty10 Member
    Bronze

I set up my kids ipads for Christmas and charged all three of them to 100%. I am 99.99% sure I turned all three off before putting them back in the box to hide them. Tonight I got them out to put the cases on and one of them wouldn't turn on. I plugged it in and it was a dead battery. I am almost certain I turned ALL of them off. So I went in to the battery usage statistics and it says 6 min usage on standby and 6 min usage since last full charge. My question is, if I forgot to turn it off a couple days ago and it sat there and died in the box wouldn't it say standby x amount of hours??? As in a day or two not being used? The list of apps shows settings as 52% and home and lock screen 34% in the last three days. Wouldn't the lock screen be the top percentage if I put it in the box with 100% charge? I'm kinda worried I did turn it off and the battery lost charge on its own. Ease my mind please...

Sent using iCafe app

2. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

From my experience, an iPad and even an iPhone should stay alive for a long time if not being used even for a few days. Perhaps this iPad battery needs checked out. If you are positive you powered it down then I would go get it looked at.

Perhaps you can see if it happens again.

Is it fully powered down or just in sleep mode?

#2 MoneyMaker79, Dec 17, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2014
  3. Jdsmitty10

Jdsmitty10 Member
    Bronze

I think I powered it down but can't be sure. I charged it to 80% last night and DEFINITELY powered it down this time. I will check tonight as I go to get it to full charge before Xmas morning. If I left it on it probably say there 5 days in sleep mode. That would kill the battery right?

Sent using iCafe app

4. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

I can't say anything about the iPad as my mother has mine now but I don't believe it's different then the iPhone. Something is still running in the background when on but sleeping, such as mail fetching if set.

5. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

My iPad mini lasts weeks on standby. It was probably just a fluke and will not happen again. I wouldn't be concerned about it as these things occasioanly happen. Just charge it up and check it in a few days. Update the software if isn't updated.

6. Jdsmitty10

Jdsmitty10 Member
    Bronze

I turned it on today and it was still 80% charged. I turned it off then plugged it in to top to 100 and it turned on. Now I am thinking I did that the other day. Plugged it in and didn't realize it turns on when plugged in and then put it back in the box on. I will still check it after this weekend to make sure since that would be a heartbreaker to have a dead iPad on Xmas morning lol...

Sent using iCafe app