Batterygate?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
P

PGSoul

How many iPhone 4s users will wake up this morning with ridiculously low batteries? It seems with Siri, location based reminders, iCloud, iTunes sync, etc. This may be a real issue.

Well of course it's going to run down the battery if you have all those features turned on. I'm not against charging my new phone whenever I'm near a plugin, but that kind of defeats the point of having a mobile phone. I will try turning off features to save power and see if it defeats the whole new ios5 experience.

Please, other iPhone 4s users weigh in this morning, honestly.

PDACPA

Silver
Jan 16, 2008
Florida
Always charging when sleeping. Start each day at 100% and usually hitting low battery at bedtime.

Couple of days on one charge? That means it is being used as a phone with very little calls and nothing else.

Jarred

Contributor
Bronze
Nov 13, 2011
I dunno, maybe I'm just not a heavy user of battery hungry apps, (Or at all). Current SitRep: 79%, over 7 hours standby and an hours usage. Synced it just after lunch today, so left it to charge up to 100%. Just after 8pm here at the moment, no need for a charge tonight, will last all day tomorrow. I'll post up this time tomorrow with another screenshot.

Attachments

Jarred

Contributor
Bronze
Nov 13, 2011
For some reason my usage stats are missing, but 31.5 hours in total from this charge with 15% to go. If I charge from near empty it'll go even further, closer to 40 hours.

I'll do a full charge shortly and post usage results when its at 10%

Attachments

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state
For some reason my usage stats are missing, but 31.5 hours in total from this charge with 15% to go. If I charge from near empty it'll go even further, closer to 40 hours.

I'll do a full charge shortly and post usage results when its at 10%
If you did a hard reset your usage will look like that till you charge fully (90%)

Jarred

Contributor
Bronze
Nov 13, 2011
Here we go!

Like I've said, I'm probably not a heavy user. 2 hours of that usage will be listening to Music.

Contributing factors:

- I don't use iCloud
- Phone is in Airplane mode overnight, (my txt tone is Homer Simpson screaming, not a good wakeup call. Plus notifications lighting up my room when I try to sleep annoy me)

Attachments

IceCold357

Contributor
Silver
May 1, 2009
I have had my phone about 3 days now. I noticed that the battery seemed pretty bad so last night I didn't charge it just to see where it would be in the morning. I'm wondering if I have a defective phone now. My battery life is just horrible.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

Attachments