Battlestar Galactica

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

wot_fan

Silver
Mar 7, 2007
Chicagoland
web.mac.com
I agree, WOW. I just got around to watching it. I really didn't expect them to show us 4 of the 5 remaining cylons in one episode not to mention who they ended up being.

I am really looking forward to the next episode :).

Colin

Bronze
Dec 25, 2007
My Tivo just showed me "what the frak?" It was a great way to bring me back up to speed on this. The best line was "cameras have a hard time keeping up' when they were showing a ship in space. If there is one thing I don't care for in the show is the 'shaky cam' look so this struck me as funny

H

Hayesimus

just gonna venture a guess... the one that's on now. being that it was a cliffhanger and that it'll be back in 2008? lol

Colin

Bronze
Dec 25, 2007
To be sure, are we talking about the current series on Sci Fi channel or a remake of the original 1978 series?
Um.....Is this some kind of trick question? Wouldn't the show on Sci Fi now be the remake of the '78 series?

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
can't wait...too bad it's only a hour long
Great show! I hope Roslyn isn't dead and Kara is not the 5th (12th) Cylon. Too obvious! Who gave her the brand new Viper? Not the Cylons, I hope. Too obvious too! I'm not sure where the story is going with the CylonGod (there's got to be one great Cylon "designer" that gave them a purpose when they evolved, but is the designer human? Is it the 12th Cylon? Is it something else altogether?). And where is the story going with Gaius Baltar? How is it going to integrate with the rest of stuff?

ryfone

Bronze
Jan 17, 2008
Pacific NW
this is going to be a great season, already can't wait until next friday! Roslyn will live, she is too important of a character - been there since the first episode...

Colin

Bronze
Dec 25, 2007
I agree with ryfone. This is not '24' or 'x-files', they haven't shown a willingness to kill off a lot of characters on this show.

Random thoughts....
....It occurred to me that if the chief is a cylon, they now have two hybrid babies.

....They sure make baltar look like jesus...

....the cylons worship one god..... is that baltar?

.....what if the cylons become the first christians on earth.... there were 12 disciples of jesus

H

Hayesimus

i really wish this show was on iTunes... if it is, i haven't found it.
i love the premise that they are searching for long lost Earth. i mean how do you forget where your home planet at...?

Colin

Bronze
Dec 25, 2007
If I remember correctly, they are not looking for earth as their former home, they are looking for it because legend says that the 13th tribe moved there a long time ago.

H

Hayesimus

oh that's not what i got from it. see i thought earth was the original. and all the planets they are on now are the colonies settled from earth. anyone? is that right?

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
I'm not sure that they' re not going to kill off a lot of characters in the final season. Olmos made a comment about that in an interview on the SF channel, and they won't be needed anymore for another season. I'm sure they want to go out with a bang. Or many bangs. They don't need to make the audience happy.

And the 12 cylons being the 12 disciples? No way. At least 4 of them are GIRLS. I see no way for Baltar to be a God-like entity, even if he is revered as one by a gang of hippies. He's not a designer. He's an imperfect man who made many mistakes because of his weaknesses. Maybe he'll find redemption, but only as a better man. Maybe not.

Colin

Bronze
Dec 25, 2007
The quote below was part of the mythology in the original series. I had it wrong, it appears the 13 tribes left Kobol but the Earth colonists went their own way.
The legend of the "lost thirteenth tribe" (Earth), mirrors Earth's own legend about the lost continent of Atlantis. Its history goes back to the time when the original humans left Kobol to search out an inhabitable system. As Adama once told the survivors before entering on his quest:
Our recorded history tells us we descended from a mother civilization [Kobol], a race that went out into space to establish colonies. Those of us here assembled now represent the only known surviving Colonists, save one. A sister world, far out in the universe, remembered to us only through ancient writings... I wish I could tell you that I know precisely where it is, but I can't. However, I do know that it is beyond our system, in a galaxy very much like our own, on a planet called... Earth.​

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Yes, Earth is JUST one of the 13th colonies, not the original one. Now that most of the non-earth humanity has been decimated by the cylon wars, the legend of Earth is the only thing that might save them from extinction if it happens to be true.