Be Careful of RemindYou App

lman

Silver
Oct 18, 2007
So i installed the app because it looked like a great way to put reminders on your lock screen; however, the app almost made me have to restore my phone. My phone became extremely laggy, almost to the point where it was unresponsive. It would reset to the lock screen periodically while i was trying to press buttons (which often wouldn't work). Installer kept force quitting. With a lot of attempts, i finally was able to get into installer and quickly navigate and uninstall the program before it reset. I'd say avoid the program entirely. I could very easily have not been able to uninstall it, i got lucky. Other problems i experienced: trouble turning the phone off, trouble turning it on. When i attached the phone to the computer it couldn't be recognized while it was off. It was just not good, don't install the application.

I'm back to normal though :)

xcissexc

Aug 9, 2007
thanks for the heads up i was tempted to try this app. my comp never recognized my phone when its off, and its been like that since the day i got it.

lman

Silver
Oct 18, 2007
thanks for the heads up i was tempted to try this app. my comp never recognized my phone when its off, and its been like that since the day i got it.
right, but rather then just not recognizing it, i got a pop up that listed some error. Thats when i tried to turn it on when it was plugged in. I'm not sure how i sorted through it, but it took some patience in order to uninstall it because of how unresponsive the program made my phone.

Jayson7

Jun 4, 2008
RemindYou 1.0.2 works fine for me

The first version that I downloaded earlier in the day did not work. But BigBoss put a great review so I downloaded v1.0.2 and it works great. Kinda of addictive little app from what I can see. :)

lman

Silver
Oct 18, 2007
Hmm, well i wish it worked for me. It would definently have been very useful, but i'm afraid i won't be installing it again after my last experience.

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
I installed it this morning to see if it caused problems with speed or anything. I also don't have any noticible slowing with the program installed, but I don't like it. I like the fact that it shows the calendar information on the lock screen but once I unlock the phone it has pasted the calendar information on top of my desktop image so I have all the words jumbling up my background. That I hate so I will be uninstalling that. lman, do you by any chance have vwallpaper installed? I have read where that program has caused problems with other software that modifies the screen such as showing your calendar info. Just shooting in the dark.

fatbaba1

Jun 5, 2008
So i installed the app because it looked like a great way to put reminders on your lock screen; however, the app almost made me have to restore my phone. My phone became extremely laggy, almost to the point where it was unresponsive. It would reset to the lock screen periodically while i was trying to press buttons (which often wouldn't work). Installer kept force quitting. With a lot of attempts, i finally was able to get into installer and quickly navigate and uninstall the program before it reset. I'd say avoid the program entirely. I could very easily have not been able to uninstall it, i got lucky. Other problems i experienced: trouble turning the phone off, trouble turning it on. When i attached the phone to the computer it couldn't be recognized while it was off. It was just not good, don't install the application.

I'm back to normal though :)
I totally agree. Remindyou freeze your iPhone. I was lured to try it 30 mins ago. And now I could not get into my iPhone. It would freeze at start up. To the remindyou developer, shame on you. $20? I guess you own me for my precious time spent on trying out your buggy freezing software. Never again anything from you. :(

lman

Silver
Oct 18, 2007
I installed it this morning to see if it caused problems with speed or anything. I also don't have any noticible slowing with the program installed, but I don't like it. I like the fact that it shows the calendar information on the lock screen but once I unlock the phone it has pasted the calendar information on top of my desktop image so I have all the words jumbling up my background. That I hate so I will be uninstalling that. lman, do you by any chance have vwallpaper installed? I have read where that program has caused problems with other software that modifies the screen such as showing your calendar info. Just shooting in the dark.
Thats a good guess for why it wasn't working for me, but unfortunately i do not have that app installed haha. I guess its hit or miss for people with this app.