Be my Mrs. Stewart

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
So.... These paintings... How should the be hung? I like them the way they are, but I'm not sold (neither is the wife).... So... Suggestions?

Last edited by a moderator:

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
definitely at least move the middle one up a bit.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
it may be worth a shot to move the middle one over to the left and center it where the panel is larger, and center the two smaller paintings where it's smaller... maybe i can cut and paste a bit...

maybe something like this?

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Hippo nailed it. Go with that.

And are you trying to strip Hayes' title as "gayest thread" owner? :D

iCafe

Dec 11, 2007
www.wwtdd.com
My wife suggested this...

and i noticed the frames are three different colors, perhaps you should spray paint them all the same color,(easy to do) either all white, brown or gold

or you can put a portrait of me up

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
lol - iCafe. That's awesome. Shari likes the first one (sans Alexander). Probably will move it tomorrow.

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
it may be worth a shot to move the middle one over to the left and center it where the panel is larger, and center the two smaller paintings where it's smaller... maybe i can cut and paste a bit...

maybe something like this?

That actually does look great:laugh2: I see we have some future Interior Designers here at EiC;)

H

Hayesimus

From an artistic(non-gay *scowls) point of view. I would go with iCafe's wife's suggestion. The first pic in his post. Just raising the larger painting in the center a bit. I do like hippo's suggestion, however I feel it makes it look like the paintings are being hearded. Having the larger picture in the center draws your eyes toward it. I suppose if you had a picture showing more or maybe a different angle. Perhaps showing how that particular section of wall connects to the other walls, that would help me decide.

H

Hayesimus

also, don't paint all the frames the same color. I like the ecclectic look. Adds character to a room. Makes it look as though each piece has its own story.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
you just need a rug to really tie the room together.

H

Hayesimus

maybe a fern...

H

Hayesimus

oh oh! Get some potpouri!

H

Hayesimus

you want to rethink your life... (waves hand in jedi mind trick fashion...)

nic08

Jun 29, 2008
iCafe, I like that portrait of yours. Keep it right there! :)