beatmaker

Witness

Zealot
Gold
Jun 18, 2007
Miami,Florida
can somebody please teach me how to use this app? i don't know how to record a beat , everytime i press record it just plays like a 200 bpm sound and a beat i didn't made , im very frustrated .

thx a lot

BaLLi5t1c

Bronze
Jul 3, 2008
can somebody please teach me how to use this app? i don't know how to record a beat , everytime i press record it just plays like a 200 bpm sound and a beat i didn't made , im very frustrated .

thx a lot
Try tapping the "Record" button on the Pads screen and then hitting "Clear."

That should remove whatever pattern it seems to be playing.

I don't know if this applies to you or not but you have to get used to building the beat within a four-count.

For example, right after you hit the button to actually record, press one or two pads within the first four-count. Allow it to loop itself (don't stop the recording). Once you've established that loop and the timing. Tap another pad when you see fit and allow it to loop within the four-count with the other beats you had pressed previously. Once you get the hang of this, it will be much easier to create various patterns (determining/changing which pattern you're editing can be done from the screen you pressed "Clear" on) and then tweak them accordingly within the sequencer.

This is a very basic explanation and I might not have explained it that well but let me know if that helps at all.

Witness

Zealot
Gold
Jun 18, 2007
Miami,Florida
ooooo ok , I see what you mean, I'm gonna try it again tomorrow, thanks a lot.

Witness

Zealot
Gold
Jun 18, 2007
Miami,Florida
I can't seem to delete the pattern that is playing , the beatmaker I have is cracked , I didn't want to waste 20 bucks , and I wanted to try it . Do you think that has to do with anything?

BaLLi5t1c

Bronze
Jul 3, 2008
That's a possibility. I don't know if all of the functionality is even the same so my directions could have been way off. If you go into the Sequencer, can you see anything there?

Witness

Zealot
Gold
Jun 18, 2007
Miami,Florida
its weird at times it works.. sometimes i can record a beat but i cant play it , and it doesn't show up as a beat i can save.