BeatPhone: 2.6 is out and its "Hater Proof"

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
Alright folks, the newest BeatPhone is out, so all you haters of the last version may want to check this one out, its got a lot of features and new drum sets!

It's a manual install for now, unfortunately, but here's the project homepage with the download link.

Note: This APP is HUGE. The download file is 37.6 megs, so don't be surprised if it takes a while to download, and don't ever expect this to be hosted on installer, lol.

Are you ready for 0.2.6 ?
IT’S HERE !

Complete UI redesign
Now you can edit drum patterns with the “Step Sequencer”
Multi-touch support : tap 2 beats at the same time and use “function pads” to modify pads behavior ! (Functions are : “Loop Pad” and “Strudder Pad”
BPM control via “Tap” pad and BPM slider
Easily switch between workspaces: kit picker, beatbox/loops, step sequencer
Support multiple kits ! See appropriate section on how to add your custom kits
Comes with 3 new drum & sample kits ! Thanks “RP”
Improved latency

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
where are you from ? i see you have recepies for empanadas and the recepies are in spanish so i was just wondering...
I'm sorry if you misinterpreted my post and assumed that I authored it, but the fact is I'm not, lol.

I just love the program, and like others here, when updates roll around for our favorite apps, we tend to post about it to alert others of the good news.

I myself am American, with heritage from Spain and the Blackfoot Native American Tribe. :p

B E A T P H O N E ! ! !

colombianito

Bronze
Sep 12, 2007
lol..thats cool...my bad..

i am an american as well.. i am South american but i assume you are North American... its cool though..

the app looks good, i have to wait to get home to try it myself...

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
yes I downloaded and installed 0.2.6 yesterday. VERY nice app.

The Grid Seq page is very nice too.

BTW: Meanwhile the drum machine app guy, who has been talking abuout it for over a month now, hasn't released anything at all. :(

--
Mike

Last edited by a moderator:

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
lol..thats cool...my bad..

i am an american as well.. i am South american but i assume you are North American... its cool though..

the app looks good, i have to wait to get home to try it myself...
Speaking of those empanadas, does the recipe look good? If so, would you translate it? (I love 'em.)

--
Mike

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
BTW: Meanwhile the drum machine app guy, who has been talking abuout it for over a month now, hasn't released anything at all.
I lurk some other forums and saw a post from "that guy" making a somewhat passive aggressive post about his Drum machine being better than BeatPhone. It got me a little excited I will admit, because it addressed many of the issues I had with the version of BeatPhone at the time...

I don't know what has happened since though, maybe both developers have decided to collaborate together and make a better application for the community, or maybe he just ran out of steam.

Maybe he'll pop back up when hes got more to show than photoshop mockups, so that when he talks his talk, he can walk his walk.

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
Thanks for the heads up... perhaps I will do the first ever iPhone live PA at my weekly dnb club night!

:p
Please post your event recording or beat patterns?

Would be very interested to hear!

@iMerlin

1) Yes

2) I'm not entirely sure, at present it requires a manual install. Last I checked iBricker did have 2.5 available. You can check at http://pxl.ibrickr.com Not sure if they are still using that repository addy though, heh.

iMerlin

Silver
Sep 20, 2007
Algonquin, IL
Please post your event recording or beat patterns?

Would be very interested to hear!

@iMerlin

1) Yes

2) I'm not entirely sure, at present it requires a manual install. Last I checked iBricker did have 2.5 available. You can check at http://pxl.ibrickr.com Not sure if they are still using that repository addy though, heh.
Thanks 999...iBrickr shows beatphone 0.2. Not sure if that is right but Im gonna check it out now.

iMerlin

Silver
Sep 20, 2007
Algonquin, IL
Thanks 999...iBrickr shows beatphone 0.2. Not sure if that is right but Im gonna check it out now.
Nope, not the right one :laugh2:

It was worth a shot. So someone please educate me. How would I manually install something like this?

Edit: I DID find it on iBrickr. It was kinda hidden. 0.2 was listed as the newest release. But under that was a link to 0.2.6.

Big file to upload but worth it. Very cool app. Thanks guys.

Ace4261991

Silver
Jun 18, 2007
I have beatphone 0.2.4 on 1.1.4 and I can't get it to work. What's up with that?
because that version was made way before 1.1.4 even came out so its incompatible i don't even know if the newest version (2.6) will work. why don't you try it insted of the old version you have