Beats earbuds with iPhone 6

Discussion in 'iPhone 6' started by Hinezy, Aug 24, 2014.

1. Hinezy

Hinezy Contributor
    Silver

Anyone think we'll see a Beats branded set of earbuds with the new iPhone? It seems like the acquisition was to recent for them to pull this off but I'd imagine it's only a matter of time until it happens.

Sent from my iPhone 5

#1 Hinezy, Aug 24, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2014
  2. @D@M

@D@M New Member

I was just thinking about that yesterday. But like you said it might be too soon for this to happen just yet. But if they delay the release of the 5.5" iPhone then it is a possibility that they could in fact come with that iPhone. Fingers crossed.

3. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

I hope not! I don't like the sound of Beats. Too much bass.

4. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Definitely not. The sound quality is questionable and it wouldn't be Apple-like to include anything other than Apple Earbuds/EarPods. The subscription service is what drove them to buy Beats, not the hardware.

5. @D@M

@D@M New Member

I disagree. The sound can always be adjusted with the equalizer to best suit the style of music you are listening too. The build quality of anything that beats engineers is better then the traditional iphone/iPod ear buds. I don't think they spent 3+ billion for just a subscription service. They spent that money for everything that beats had to offer. Including the branding name.

6. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Beats suck. End of story. The mods can close the thread now.

7. @D@M

@D@M New Member

Yep your right. That's why Tim Cook a CEO of a billion dollar company decided to purchase another billion dollar company. Its because they suck. You can at least agree to disagree. Thanks for chiming in with your words of wisdom.

8. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

A little chippy there, ain't ya? Beats is much more than headphones, you know. I don't care if people like their headphones or not, but I don't want Apple to bundle them with new iPhones.

BTW, Apple has a market cap value of over 600 billion.

9. jakefuzzy

jakefuzzy Member
    Bronze

As my father always said "Opinions are like xxxxxxxx, everyone's got one". We should value everyone's input here.

#9 jakefuzzy, Aug 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2014
  10. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

I value everyone's opinion. That was mine. What's so difficult about understanding that? I was trying to be a little humorous, Guess it didn't work out. Sorry for offending everybody!

#10 Napoleon PhoneApart, Aug 25, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2014
  11. efuseakay

efuseakay Contributor
    Silver

Apple acquired Beats more for their streaming music capabilities. At least I hope. Their actual products stink. The headphones. That Pill thing. Bleh.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  12. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

Apple did not buy Beats for their headphones and earbuds. It was the streaming music they wanted. As stated by others, their gear is a bit shoddy. I do as well with a set of earbuds from Dollar General. I do wish Apple would include earbuds with size options rather than the EarPods that don't fit.

13. Adriano73

Adriano73 Contributor
    Bronze

I thought the EarPods weren't much good either. Mine broke after like 2 weeks!

Posts like this about to be sent from my iPhone 6 very soon using iCafe Forums

14. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I wouldn't say Beats sucks. I just think they are overpriced for what you get. The sound quality has always been disparaged by audiophiles, but they are backed by a popular musician, perceived as premium quality and marketed well, especially to those who enjoy heavy bass music. This has been a recipe for success and a few of the reasons they became such a profitable company.

15. efuseakay

efuseakay Contributor
    Silver

Well, no doubt that popular "musician" gets royalties, and his name all over the packaging. ;)

It's like all those well-known actors who haven't done anything in 40 years (Henry Winkler) trying to sell you on reverse mortgages.

16. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Apparently, according to Europa (and who listens to her?), I was a little over the top with my opinion on Beats headphones last night. So, since I have to live with her for several weeks a year, I apologize to whomever I offended. My opinion still stands, but I could have worded it in a much more diplomatic manner.

shaming_child.jpg

Okay, now to the main point:

I'm back, and I've noticed a decidedly upward turn in quality on this forum. Therefore, it's a good thing I came back when I did so that I can remedy this turn of events. Stay tuned.

Oh, yeah - everyone else can bite me. :D

17. VOLS34

VOLS34 Zealot
    Gold

You can get some $30 Scosche earbuds that are better than Beats.

18. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Yes, they are overpriced, but I don't think the quality is that bad. Besides, it's the over-the-ear, oversized Beats headphones are their big seller, not earbuds. To be fair you can only compare earbuds to earbuds. I think some of it is just the name, but a lot of people who are really into heavy bass (rap, hip-hop, etc.) love Beats mid and full-size headphones. I doubt $30 Scosche earbuds could match the bass output that they have.

I'm surprised I'm defending Beats since I'm not a fan of the brand, but I think there is some exaggeration and unfairness in this thread.

19. Josh Yates

Josh Yates Contributor
    Silver

I love my Beats...and would love them paired with the iPhone. Hadn't thought about that before.

However, I'd also agree that they're WAY overpriced for what you get. That's why I've waited to get slightly older models for MUCH more reasonable prices. :)

20. 09_SERG

09_SERG Member
    Bronze

I never cared for any of Apple's ear buds/pods!

Sent using iCafe app