BeeJive IM app

jhat3k1

Jul 1, 2007
This must have just went live as it says it wasn't going live until monday. I tested it and it is AWESOME, by far the nucest im app for the iPhone that I have seen so far. Check it out below.

iPhone.beejive.com from your iPhone

Maaz

Silver
Jun 30, 2007
LA California
damn its great is it going to be free for ever? Its perfect, but I still want app that supports aim instead of using the web browser for it, I was using it for about 20 Mins but some java error or something wont let me login Anymore.

alb0zf1n3st

Silver
Jul 2, 2007
damn its great is it going to be free for ever? Its perfect, but I still want app that supports aim instead of using the web browser for it, I was using it for about 20 Mins but some java error or something wont let me login Anymore.

It will not be free forever lol.. this is a beta cycle you test it out for them tell them whats wrong until they have version 1.0 and then you must pay... well thats what they did for the blackberry i dunno now.. but either way i paid it because this app is awesome

IceTrAiN

Bronze
It has a nice layout, though it definitely still has some bugs to work out(guess that's why it's in alpha, huh..) but overall it's pretty nice. I'm still not overly happy about having to provide my username and pw to a 3rd party but I guess i'll have to suck it up until ichat...

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
An incorrect listing is an error. Had YOU ever searched before you would know that the search covers the entire forum. And as for "worthless" I was informing the op that the news is out there and to update the existing, longer, thread

diranged

Jun 30, 2007
This must have just went live as it says it wasn't going live until monday. I tested it and it is AWESOME, by far the nucest im app for the iPhone that I have seen so far. Check it out below.

iPhone.beejive.com from your iPhone

easily the best 'iChat' web implementation so far! I'm very impressed... its easy to use, remembers your login information, and has a very familiar look and feel. Very polished!

MadDog31

Bronze
May 15, 2007
Wilmington, NC
www.bitterfans.com
What's the battery life like when this is running? Also, when you're logged on and hit the home button, does it log you off of it or keep you logged in but you're able to conserve battery per se w/o it running on the screen?

I didn't search for an answer to this, so I hope I don't get in trouble or get yelled at. :-\

alb0zf1n3st

Silver
Jul 2, 2007
What's the battery life like when this is running? Also, when you're logged on and hit the home button, does it log you off of it or keep you logged in but you're able to conserve battery per se w/o it running on the screen?

I didn't search for an answer to this, so I hope I don't get in trouble or get yelled at. :-\

why not be the guinea pig and let us know how it works out? I assume it is going to drain battery but I don't think by much. There a more to come section on the website saying later versions will have a battery save mode..

SmartAlx

Zealot
Gold
Jun 7, 2007
Please let's not let this forum start to suffer from pointless bickering. It's a very nice forum... so far. Please let's keep it that way.

MadDog31

Bronze
May 15, 2007
Wilmington, NC
www.bitterfans.com
As far as I know, it's all data-based so it goes off of WiFi or EDGE and won't count against texts.

That's not to say future chat programs won't, like if iChat gets added. For some reason I can see that using text messages if it gets added as a widget but that's just me purely speculating like everybody else on these forums.

bigdawg

Jul 9, 2007
What I have been looking for

I had been using meebo, but it just didn't have that application like feel that beejive has. It works just the way I would expect it to work and even more. I noticed it supported tabbed chatting which is very sweet.

It appears to keep you logged in even when you hit the home button. But obviously Safari isn't running, so I don't think that it is draining your battery as long as you close Safari. When I open it back up it just checks the connection and I am right back where I left off.

Very nice!

oliegirl

Jul 6, 2007
WOW! Thank you SO much for posting this! I love my iPhone, but was really missing being able to IM on the go...now if they'll just add MMS for picture messaging, and a mobile office suite so I can access word and excel file, I'll be a very happy girl!