BeeJive IM or IM+ PUSH - BlackBerry user, use to Messenger...

ivantwilliams

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 14, 2009
I'm curious, I'm a BlackBerry user (I have a BOLD), and since Messenger is NOT on the iPhone what do you use for quick instant communication?

I've bought, and used both BeeJive & IM+PUSH. But, to me, and this is just me, they BOTH have issues. They just don't seem as reliable as BlackBerry Messenger...

What say you?

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
Can you explain why they don't seem as reliable as BB Messenger? I had an 8100 and used BB Messenger and feel Beejive has more options.

beautifulliar

Bronze
Jun 10, 2007
AIM & Yahoo are pretty fast and stable. I use those and IM+.

ivantwilliams

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 14, 2009
In both BeeJive and IM+ I added people to GoogleTalk, and they never received the request. But, as soon as they added me, from their PC/Blackberry (using GoogleTalk) it worked...

And, from time to time I think I'm connected, then get an sms from the Mrs, which normally means I'm not logged into BeeJive or IM+. And, after checking, that is normally the case.

But, yes, of course BeeJive & IM+ both offer a lot more than BlackBerry Messenger (BBM). But BBM seems to ALWAYS connect/be available...

ivantwilliams

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 14, 2009
I've had enough of both Beejive and IM+. I've been trying Yahoo IM for a few days, and it's worked flawlessly thus far...

Scary considering it's free, verses paying for an application (well, two in my case) and having multiple\various issues with it.

jarofclay73

Zealot
Gold
Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
Beejive has worked flawlessly for me thus far. I was using AIM but when someone IMs me, it takes kind of long to get into the app. Beejive loads faster.

Also, consider that using Blackberry Messenger (which only works on Blackberries) and Yahoo! Messenger are each working on one service at a time. On Beejive, I have AIM, Yahoo!, Gmail, Facebook, and Hotmail all working at the same time. Some of the issues you have may have more to do with the actual IM service rather than the app.

MileHighRob

Zealot
Gold
Jul 16, 2008
Colorado
IM+ is currently on sale for $4.99.

Can anyone that uses it give me some feedback? Pros/Cons?

I don't tweet or use FB so I'm not necessarily interested in hearing how those features are incorporated. I'd likely use it pretty much exclusively for an IM client.

Thanks!

ivantwilliams

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 14, 2009
For me it was just 'ok'. I felt that I was disconnected from GoogleTalk (or what appeared to be disconnected) rather too often. And, my contacts, also on GoogleTalk would appear as if they were NOT online, when in fact they were (I had their BlackBerry BOLD and was constantly checking the connection).

Rather odd really. Some people seem to have NO issues at all, and others, well, need I say more...

IM+ is currently on sale for $4.99.

Can anyone that uses it give me some feedback? Pros/Cons?

I don't tweet or use FB so I'm not necessarily interested in hearing how those features are incorporated. I'd likely use it pretty much exclusively for an IM client.

Thanks!

MileHighRob

Zealot
Gold
Jul 16, 2008
Colorado
Thanks for the feedback navi... For whatever it's worth, the latest reviews in iTunes complain about the recent update. Perhaps it's on sale until they get the next update out. App description says currently 4.99, over 50% off regular price.

Anyone else use IM+ that can offer some feedback?

demank

Aug 21, 2011
yes, my connection frequently disconnected and reconnecting again also when using IM+..
i am using gtalk and yahoo messenger.

Santa

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 2, 2009
Colorado, USA
IM+ used to be flaky for me, but it's gotten more reliable for the over the last 6-12 mos. I use it almost exclusively and am pretty happy with it.

I mostly use it with Jabber, MSN, and Yahoo. Although I also use Gtalk, Facebook and Skype sometimes.

Mommy

Zealot
Gold
Feb 19, 2011
NY
Just my 2 cents... Ebuddy works great for me. The only thing I wish it had was an alert when a certain person came on. I had it on my blackberry and it worked good too.

Sent from my iPod touch using iCafe app