BeeJive on sale now...

efuseakay

Contributor
Silver
Nov 11, 2008
BeeJive is on sale in the App Store for $9.99. Have at it folks! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
Wasn't it discounted at that price once before? It's still kinda expensive for not having push notifications. I don't IM enough to justify that price tag.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
It's a great program from what I've read, but I agree with clay. I'll stick to the free ones until push notification comes out.

efuseakay

Contributor
Silver
Nov 11, 2008
It's a great program from what I've read, but I agree with clay. I'll stick to the free ones until push notification comes out.
Get Push with mail2web... ;)

oakie

Bronze
Oct 18, 2008
Las Vegas
www.revtarded.com
No push, still too expensive.
Too expensive even if it had push!
have you ever used it?

and it kinda saddens me when everyone is downing it for lack of push when that's Apple's fault and not beejive's. it does support instant email notification as long as u set it to notify an imap idle mail account like mobileme or yahoo.

kjack05

Bronze
Oct 28, 2008
Texas
I didn't pay for it, but it is a really good app

Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
have you ever used it?

and it kinda saddens me when everyone is downing it for lack of push when that's Apple's fault and not beejive's. it does support instant email notification as long as u set it to notify an imap idle mail account like mobileme or yahoo.
Well, just because it's Apple fault that there's no push doesn't make Beejive a great buy at $9.99.

In the end, I just don't IM enough to buy an IM client for $10 even if it had push.

If someone IM'd their brains out everyday, I'd recommend Beejive for him/her even at $16.

iksn

Silver
Aug 7, 2008
Near Las Vegas
Beejive is the best. That being said, I already paid extra for a "universal" license when I had used it on my Blackberrys. That license was supposed to transfer between devices, not just be good for one device. Well, device meant Blackberrys only. Now, they say they'll transfer the license to my iPhone, but won't allow it to go back to a Blackberry should I ever want to do that. Still doesn't seem quite universal. Also, they seem to want to make it more difficult as they won't just give me a free transfer, they want to credit my "paypal account". I don't use paypal, and don't intend to go that route just because that's how they want me to. I already paid once, that should be enough.
Since I don't "IM my brains out" as jarofclay73 so well describes, I'll just use Palringo which is free and works just fine.

nobopyon

Bronze
Jul 11, 2008
Dallas, TX
I use palringo for my IM, so far it's pretty good... plus it's free... and can even IM picture, and voice...

never used beejive, so can't really compare, but would like to know what feature beejive has better than palringo besides mail notification?

danipoak

Silver
Dec 13, 2007
Not Alaska
fring for me. It's free. if beejive came down to 99 cents I'd buy it.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Well, the latest update to the free Palringo IM app has added email notification. It stands feature-for-feature with Beejive as well... at least in as much as I use an IM app. I like Beejive's actual chat interface a bit better, but that doesn't justify the price.

onyxxx6700

Bronze
Oct 27, 2007
Well, the latest update to the free Palringo IM app has added email notification. It stands feature-for-feature with Beejive as well... at least in as much as I use an IM app. I like Beejive's actual chat interface a bit better, but that doesn't justify the price.
Yeah, I am actually a BeeJive purchaser (at $15.99) because I chat just that much. I also kept Palringo as a backup. When I read about the update I immediately felt like the dude in the $175,000 Ferrari that just got passed by a $60,000 vette!

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Yeah, except I haven't gotten the mail notification to work with Palringo yet, even though I have it turned on for all accounts. Anyone else?

iksn

Silver
Aug 7, 2008
Near Las Vegas
I got one email. Don't know whether I should have gotten more or not.

efuseakay

Contributor
Silver
Nov 11, 2008
I use palringo for my IM, so far it's pretty good... plus it's free... and can even IM picture, and voice...

never used beejive, so can't really compare, but would like to know what feature beejive has better than palringo besides mail notification?
Well, for one, BeeJive doesn't use any 3rd party servers that log your IM screen names and passwords like most (if not all) the freebies. I know Palringo and a few others use their own servers. This means they have your password and screen name and use it to then connect you to the actual Y/AIM/MSN/etc. servers.

I for one don't want any 3rd party getting that info. But that's just me.

iksn

Silver
Aug 7, 2008
Near Las Vegas
Not sure I understand how Beejive connects to all your IM' s differently than Palringo. How do you know that Beejive doesn't use 3rd party servers where Palringo does?