Been Away for a while but I have to ask

gjklm12

Jul 2, 2007
I have a original 8GB iPhone that I last upgraded to 1.1.4 about 10 months ago (approx). This is my GF's phone who lives in the Philippines, I just bought her a laptop and downloaded IT 8.0 and I noticed 2.1.? is out for the iPhone. Will I brick her phone if I upgrade to this? Also How do I save her music which is currently and only located on the iPhone (about 4GB). I believe I upgraded and unlocked with ZiPhone several months ago. I was about to be at the point of no return when I thougt i better ask about the upgrade or she will cut me off for a day or two if her phone is not working.......don't want that. Any help would be appreciated........and yes I did a search. I found one person who bricked their phone and another who did not have a problem.

Thanks

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
I have a original 8GB iPhone that I last upgraded to 1.1.4 about 10 months ago (approx). This is my GF's phone who lives in the Philippines, I just bought her a laptop and downloaded IT 8.0 and I noticed 2.1.? is out for the iPhone. Will I brick her phone if I upgrade to this? Also How do I save her music which is currently and only located on the iPhone (about 4GB). I believe I upgraded and unlocked with ZiPhone several months ago. I was about to be at the point of no return when I thougt i better ask about the upgrade or she will cut me off for a day or two if her phone is not working.......don't want that. Any help would be appreciated........and yes I did a search. I found one person who bricked their phone and another who did not have a problem.

Thanks
There is a new jailbreak out called Quickpwn that once you are jailbroken, you can also unlock with. However, I would tell you to wait just a little longer as 2.2 is now in the works, and it's almost guarranteed that it will be jailbroken within days of it's release.
AS far as getting the music and info off the phone, there are some programs out there for that very thing, but you will need to search on here for the name of them.

gjklm12

Jul 2, 2007
There is a new jailbreak out called Quickpwn that once you are jailbroken, you can also unlock with. However, I would tell you to wait just a little longer as 2.2 is now in the works, and it's almost guarranteed that it will be jailbroken within days of it's release.
AS far as getting the music and info off the phone, there are some programs out there for that very thing, but you will need to search on here for the name of them.

Thank you for the reply. I guess I should have asked this.......If I update to the 2.1 right now will I have to re-jailbreak the phone with another program to continue using the phone in the Philippines? I guess this is probably a dumb question but I'm asking it anyway.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
You will have to re-jailbreak and unlock in order to use the phone on a network other than AT&T. As far as I know, you can use QuickPwn to do just that.