Before I buy iPhone 3G I need Help

Nov 30, 2008
I am planing to buy an iPhone 3G, I need to know how to unlock it using a free software and if i can't when will be a program to unlock the 3g and how to jailbreak it.
and how much is it in Apple Store and do i have to wait for days to get it ?

sorry for my english
Please Help

Last edited by a moderator:

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
[The following info is only for people in the US & using AT&T]

iPhone 3G's can't be unlocked yet by software unlocks.

A simple search of the forum can tell you how to jailbreak it.

The iPhone 3G's price depends on a few different things. Whether you're an existing AT&T customer with an iPhone already or if you're due for an upgrade, or if you're going to sign up for AT&T.
If you're any of those things up there, it's $199 for the 8GB model, and $299 for the 16GB model.

If you're not due for an upgrade or don't currently have an iPhone with AT&T, you're not going to get the discounted pricing. The regular prices are either $399 and $499 or $499 and $599. It's one of those pairs, I'm not sure which one though.

If you're not an AT&T customer and have no intention on becoming one, I don't think they'll allow you to purchase one, and the only way you'll be able to get one is through eBay or any other site like that.

jsntrenkler

Zealot
Silver
Sep 22, 2008
Tucson Arizona
I am planing to buy an iPhone 3G,
I need to know how to unlock it using a free software and if i can't when will be a program to unlock the 3g and how to jailbreak it.
and how much is it in Apple Store and do i have to wait for days to get it ?

sorry for my english
Please Help
What country do you live in?

Nov 30, 2008
[The following info is only for people in the US & using AT&T]

iPhone 3G's can't be unlocked yet by software unlocks.

A simple search of the forum can tell you how to jailbreak it.

The iPhone 3G's price depends on a few different things. Whether you're an existing AT&T customer with an iPhone already or if you're due for an upgrade, or if you're going to sign up for AT&T.
If you're any of those things up there, it's $199 for the 8GB model, and $299 for the 16GB model.

If you're not due for an upgrade or don't currently have an iPhone with AT&T, you're not going to get the discounted pricing. The regular prices are either $399 and $499 or $499 and $599. It's one of those pairs, I'm not sure which one though.

If you're not an AT&T customer and have no intention on becoming one, I don't think they'll allow you to purchase one, and the only way you'll be able to get one is through eBay or any other site like that.
one last question if i jailbreak the iPhone i can use all its features with no problems except i the call option right?

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
one last question if i jailbreak the iPhone i can use all its features with no problems except i the call option right?
You can use all of the features, but you can only use the internet features if you have Wi-Fi because the phone won't be activated.

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
You can not buy it from AT&T unless you have the American citizenship (passport), or at least a green card. Because you will be forced to do a two years plan. You can buy a locked iPhone 3G (with Gevey-3G or any other sim chips) from any unofficial electronics store in Brooklyn and the phone will work fine.

nobopyon

Bronze
Jul 11, 2008
Dallas, TX
You can not buy it from AT&T unless you have the American citizenship (passport), or at least a green card. Because you will be forced to do a two years plan. You can buy a locked iPhone 3G (with Gevey-3G or any other sim chips) from any unofficial electronics store in Brooklyn and the phone will work fine.
I was gonna tell him to ask you, since I remember you are from egypt:laugh2:
but sure enough, you've already post your knowledge