Before I start...

dubs

Jul 24, 2007
Hey everyone, brand new here to forums and I just had a quick question. If I start replacing these icon files and if something went wrong I could simply restore the phone and it should be good as new right? Modding isn't worth it to me if there's that great of a risk :)

Thanks for any responses :D

PhatKid

Bronze
Jul 25, 2007
Yep, you'll be right back to square one. Haven't heard of anyone ruining their phone yet.

qryptiq

Jul 21, 2007
if you'd like to follow a thread I'm starting:

Modded my iPhone; Easy as pie

And let me tell you it is - even with all the mistakes i made

princess_80854

Silver
Jul 16, 2007
You can always do a restore in iTunes should you decide to go back to the default state for whatever reason. Modding the phone isn't hard at all. The most work you'll do is following the initial steps to prepare the phone for modding. Afterwards , it's relatively simple. :laugh2: You may also want to read this
http://forums.everythingicafe.com/threads/read-this-iphone-modding-info.5860/, as there is a lot of information to help you get started.

Welcome to EiP!
Have fun!

Last edited by a moderator:

dubs

Jul 24, 2007
Thanks for the replies guys - Since that post I've completely re themed the phone and added some ring tones, I think I'm addicted to modding it now :D

qryptiq

Jul 21, 2007
Thanks for the replies guys - Since that post I've completely re themed the phone and added some ring tones, I think I'm addicted to modding it now :D
woooooohooooooooo - u hook'd now buoiiiiiii.....

have fun

PhatKid

Bronze
Jul 25, 2007
I think the hardest part about modding is holding the power and home buttons for 25 seconds.

princess_80854

Silver
Jul 16, 2007
I think the hardest part about modding is holding the power and home buttons for 25 seconds.

Hmmm... I never do that. I just hold down the Power button for a few seconds. Then slide to power off and power back on. I haven't had any problems with my modding either.

Casetay

Bronze
Jul 29, 2007
So I followed the instructions thoroughly and am still having trouble when in Terminal using the putfile entry it says it can't be found. Anybody know why mine won't work? I want a cool iPhone dangit haha

iPhobos

Bronze
Jul 25, 2007
It would help if you told us exactly what youvare typing. Maybe copy and paste the exact line you are typing. Also make sure you are in the right folder using "cd" for change directory .

princess_80854

Silver
Jul 16, 2007
So I followed the instructions thoroughly and am still having trouble when in Terminal using the putfile entry it says it can't be found. Anybody know why mine won't work? I want a cool iPhone dangit haha
That happens when you type the commands in wrong. You have to make sure that you are typing everything in correctly. If not, you'll keep getting those messages. What exactly are you trying to change and what commands are you typing in?

PhatKid

Bronze
Jul 25, 2007
Make sure you put the files (ringtones) that you're trying to copy to your phone in your phonedmg folder.

Casetay

Bronze
Jul 29, 2007
decided to start a new thread if you guys could look at that it would be great! Thanks for the help everyone!