Behold! here comes another 1.1.2

y3838438

Nov 19, 2007
Hi everybody, I am new here, nice to meet you all.

Now to the crisis at hand.

I just got a iPhone 8gb at the iPhone store online 5 days ago and it arrived today.

I believe it have the firmware 1.1.2 which is uncrackable at the moment.

anyway, my questions are as follow.

how can i be sure of what firmware version my i phone is using?

What can i do to unlock my iPhone if my iPhone is indeed 1.1.2?

Do i downgrade my firmware and baseband to 1.1.1 then follow the available jailbreak guild?

which should i do first? downgrade the firmware then the baseband or the baseband then the firmware?

Is it even possible to unlock my iPhone even if i downgrade to 1.1.1?

I do not plan on upgrading back to 1.1.2

thanks aloot

firewire

Silver
Nov 4, 2007
You can check what version you have by syncing to iTunes. It is possible to downgrade to 1.1.1, as this will be your only way to have a jailbroken/unlocked phone. There are threads on how to do this. A quick search should help you out, since I am not sure on the details on downgrading.

y3838438

Nov 19, 2007
You can check what version you have by syncing to iTunes. It is possible to downgrade to 1.1.1, as this will be your only way to have a jailbroken/unlocked phone. There are threads on how to do this. A quick search should help you out, since I am not sure on the details on downgrading.

i hocked my phone ot the iTunes but all i see is it telling me to activate.

where do i need to look in order to find the firmware version?

I have not unlock my phone yet so i can't use it, can't check for firmware version.

I have pc only so i don't think i can unlock it with mac.

thanks

meiphones_brill

Silver
Nov 16, 2007
If you want it unlocked - stick in in a shoebox as it is and wait for someone to come up with a way to do it.

You can bet Apple is holding on to the hope that their handywork holds out until after Christmas!