Belkin Car Charged doesn't work with 3G

mc751n

Bronze
Jun 3, 2007
I just got my iPhone 3G and I'm sad to say that the car charger I've used for all my ipods and my first gen iPhone, http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Product_Id=164964, doesn't work with the new iPhone 3G. :(

When I plug it in a yellow triangle pops up that says "This accessory with not charge this phone" or something along those lines, I'll make a screencap of it later.

plasmo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2007
I was looking at the Belkin TuneCast Car charger, and saw it at Costco-
is this the one you have, and can confirm that it doesn't work for 3G?
THANKS

rj5620

Bronze
Jun 2, 2007
Today I bought the Belkin TuneBase FM for $99 and it is great and works with my V1. The guys at the Apple store said it should work fine with 3G. It is simplistic , no wires and very functional. Clear sound, occasionally I changed the station for the FM, but always had a great sound. The best part is the cradle has a heavy adjustable arm that lets the iPhone sit just as you position it, vertically or horizontially for video. It comes with additional holders for all of the iPod incarnations too. I am planning a road trip this weekend and this will work great for listening to some Audible books.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I had the same problem with my Belkin charger. I went into Apple and then employee there gave me a half-thought out answer so I just got another charger, it was $20, so not too bad.

NateEssex

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
NJ
Neither of my chargers work with my 3G iPhone and 1 is a Belkin.

Does anyone know a charger that DEFINITELY works with the 3G iPhone?

NateEssex

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
NJ