Belkin N1

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Oct 2, 2007
I bought my iPhone about 2 weeks ago never had a successful connection with my belkin n1 today i got sick and tired of this problem called Apple they don't know whats going on they tried trouble shotting but it didn't work they told me to call belkin i did belking said i need a port number from the iPhone and i should enter that at DNZ and that should work... couldn't find no port number on the iPhone... so that's it.. How do i fix this problem i have no problem with other routers like linksys, dlink, netgear....but belkin. I do.. does anybody know whats going on i updated with the lastest version but still having trouble can someone help me before i start kicking this freaking router. thanks... oh I'm able to see some webpages but they do take eternity to load.. but no youtube, weather, stocks, maps, iTunes store.. help:sick:

420greg

Silver
Jun 26, 2007
Orlando, Florida
Sounds like a DNS issue since you can get to some sites but they are slow.

Try this.

Ping some websites from your computer:

yahoo.com
Apple.com
google.com

and write down the IP address' the ping results give you. Open up safari
on your iPhone and enter the IP address and see if the site loads at full speed. If this works you have a DNS issue.

If this is the case post back and I will walk you through some solutions.

Oct 2, 2007
Okay i did what u said and yahoo.com and google.com are almost instant when u hit okay.. but Apple showed safari couldn't be found something like that... but it was really quick.

Sounds like a DNS issue since you can get to some sites but they are slow.

Try this.

Ping some websites from your computer:

yahoo.com
Apple.com
google.com

and write down the IP address' the ping results give you. Open up safari
on your iPhone and enter the IP address and see if the site loads at full speed. If this works you have a DNS issue.

If this is the case post back and I will walk you through some solutions.

420greg

Silver
Jun 26, 2007
Orlando, Florida
Do this from a computer on the same network your iPhone is connecting to.

In windows Start | Run | type cmd and hit enter
when the black command window opens type ipconfig /all

Make not of the numbers for 'dns servers'

Now go to you iPhone
Settings | Wifi | click the blue arrow on your connection and scroll down to dns. You should see these same two numbers. If not enter them manual.

Then surf a little and see if that fixed the problem.

Oct 2, 2007
Okay it does seen like its fixed.... thank you sooooo much man u saved a router from going into the trash. thanks:cool:

Do this from a computer on the same network your iPhone is connecting to.

In windows Start | Run | type cmd and hit enter
when the black command window opens type ipconfig /all

Make not of the numbers for 'dns servers'

Now go to you iPhone
Settings | Wifi | click the blue arrow on your connection and scroll down to dns. You should see these same two numbers. If not enter them manual.

Then surf a little and see if that fixed the problem.