belkin tunebase FM transmitter/charger

dito

Bronze
Sep 28, 2007
has anyone tried the Belkin Tunebase FM transmitter /car charger (cigarette gooseneck adapter) with the iPhone? it looks like a great "all in one", charger, dock, and fm transmitter, BUT it doesn not say compatible with the iPhone. just wondering if anyone has bought one from costco and tried it yet.

musicmanmu

Bronze
Aug 2, 2007
WV
has anyone tried the Belkin Tunebase FM transmitter /car charger (cigarette gooseneck adapter) with the iPhone? it looks like a great "all in one", charger, dock, and fm transmitter, BUT it doesn not say compatible with the iPhone. just wondering if anyone has bought one from costco and tried it yet.
According to the Belkin Web site (http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Product_Id=261370):

"*Not compatible with iPod touch, iPod classic, iPod nano 3rd generation or the iPhone."

Bummer, though. Looks like a good product.

It seems there won't be any dedicated FM transmitters for the iPhone coming out anytime soon (if at all) due to the speakers/shielding issue that so many have described. That definitely sucks.

jmwest

Sep 18, 2007
According to the Belkin Web site (http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Product_Id=261370):

"*Not compatible with iPod touch, iPod classic, iPod nano 3rd generation or the iPhone."

Bummer, though. Looks like a good product.

It seems there won't be any dedicated FM transmitters for the iPhone coming out anytime soon (if at all) due to the speakers/shielding issue that so many have described. That definitely sucks.
i have one and it works fine..

Mike12000

Bronze
Oct 22, 2007
Southern Illinois
I bought one today at Wal-Mart. It's now labeled with the black "Works with iPhone" label and is very clearly made to interface with the iPhone.

Have only messed around with it for about a hour. I'm a little disappointed how much static comes through on occasion, (much of the time the sound is very nice on the Pro 2 setting) but it's a little soon yet to judge. Give me a few more days and I'll give a more definite opinion.

I have a 1st generation phone. Don't know how it would work with the 3G.

plasmo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2007
Costco Sale

I just took this pic from my local Costco-
On sale for $69.99

Has anyone tried this one for the 3G, and comment on the FM sound quality?
I have returned several previous FM Transmmitters due to crappy quality, and still continue to use the Cassette-Wired connection for the best quality...
...but wondering if any improvements have been made with their TuneCast FM transmissions...

mdejongd

Aug 8, 2008
iPhone 3G with Belkin TuneBase

It does work with the new iPhone 3G. I just received them into our store - WestWorld Computers - Calgary. The clips (made of plastic) are made for the older iPhone, so it is a snug fit but works good. The 3g iPhone charges and plays via the FM. I just tried it in our Jeep Liberty (factory deck)
I will try in my other car over the weekend (which has aux audio jacks). This Belkin product is great that it does both Aux and FM Transmitter.

I hope Belkin will provide a new clip real soon to mail out to customers directly to fit the new iPhone 3G properly.

I had to get this Belkin product, because my custom dock with a peripherial cable for my factory deck does not work with the new 3g phone at all. This is due to it being a Fire Wire based charging system, not Apple's recommended USB charging system as of later. Hope this helps.

I just took this pic from my local Costco-
On sale for $69.99

Has anyone tried this one for the 3G, and comment on the FM sound quality?
I have returned several previous FM Transmmitters due to crappy quality, and still continue to use the Cassette-Wired connection for the best quality...
...but wondering if any improvements have been made with their TuneCast FM transmissions...

iphonebob

Jul 8, 2007
i have one and it works fine..
I have one also and it works fine. There are two models that Belkin makes for the "Tune Base" unit

Old -- F8Z176 -- ipod unit -- works with V1 & 3G phones

New -- F8Z183 -- ipod/iPhone model -- hard to find so far. Either out of stock or not available at most places

There is some static sometimes depending on what channel you choose but if you do a little channel surfing on the Berlkin unit, it works great.

I have tried several other units and the Belkin "Tune Base" has been the better of the brands sold. The phone easily slips in and out of the holder (I take it in and out often due to businesss).