Bellsouth Outgoing eMail Issues?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

luisrm

Jul 4, 2007
I have not been able to get email to be consistent in the least. I get errors like: the recipient was rejected by the server, etc. Then other times it just sends no problem.

Has anyone had better luck? My outgoing server setup is as follows:

mail.bellsouth.net
no user name or password
SSl is off

This is super frustrating. My sidekick 3, razor, q and verizon 6700 all work just perfect with Bellsouth.

I don't get it. If you have yours working please let me know how you set it up.

Thanks,

Luis

jstemp33

Jun 20, 2007
I have not been able to get email to be consistent in the least. I get errors like: the recipient was rejected by the server, etc. Then other times it just sends no problem.

mail.bellsouth.net
no user name or password
SSl is off

This is super frustrating. My sidekick 3, razor, q and verizon 6700 all work just perfect with Bellsouth.

Thanks,

Luis

Luis

I have Bellsouth email also and had the same problems. I then opened up a yahoo account and it works great. Instant delivery of mail incoming/outgoing and whatever is done on the phone is done on the server and vice versa.

You can have your Bellsouth email forwarded to yahoo if you need it but you will probably need to buy the yahoo mail plus for $19. I just had all of my contacts notified of my new email and changed totally to yahoo. It works great!

just though I would share this with you!

Popdevil

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007

mail.bellsouth.net
no user name or password
SSl is off

Luis
The "Mail.bellsouth.net" isn't going to work. Bellsouth is setup for mail servers in your city. i.e. "mail.atl.bellsouth.net" is for the Atlanta area. google the mail server name in your area or contact Bellsouth (AT&T) support.

luisrm

Jul 4, 2007
Thanks for the response I set up a gmail account this morning. It is working perfect. I can't believe a large communications company just leaves its customers stranded. Its ridiculous!

Swaagat

Jul 16, 2007
Bellsouth and iPhone

I finally got my iPhone to work with Bellsouth thanks to this very site. Follow these instructions for setting up iPhone with Bellsouth: http://forums.everythingicafe.com/threads/bellsouth-outgoing-email-issues.3838/

mail.bellsouth.net
no user name or password
SSl is off

Thanks,

Luis

Last edited by a moderator: