Bend Over

JFN

Bronze
Jul 12, 2008
Nor Cal
:mad:
Well, I have been having a problem with my 3G updating apps over the air to my phone but I discovered that if I deleted the app on the phone the update would load with no problems. Here is my problem, an Air-share update became available, so I deleted the free (pre-fee) app to do the update, as soon as I deleted the app on the phone the update icon disappeared and is missing from My iTunes app folder and appears I will have to pay the full price to get the program back. Don't get me wrong I don't mind paying for a useable app but the pretense this was advertised is F%$^&%D. It was advertised as free until a certain date, not a trial until that date.

Which bring me to my next rant which is no trial period for most apps, I believe if a developer is proud of an app it should have a trial period.

jsntrenkler

Zealot
Silver
Sep 22, 2008
Tucson Arizona
I wish the App Store let you download demos first. They're are so many missing features to Apples baby. Sorry to hear about your lost, sucks to get screwed .. Even worse if you don't get a kiss first ;-) ... I feel your pain, this is almost as bad as the falling and rising prices of the app store.

CorbyD

Oct 15, 2008
:mad:
Well, I have been having a problem with my 3G updating apps over the air to my phone but I discovered that if I deleted the app on the phone the update would load with no problems. Here is my problem, an Air-share update became available, so I deleted the free (pre-fee) app to do the update, as soon as I deleted the app on the phone the update icon disappeared and is missing from My iTunes app folder and appears I will have to pay the full price to get the program back. Don't get me wrong I don't mind paying for a useable app but the pretense this was advertised is F%$^&%D. It was advertised as free until a certain date, not a trial until that date.

Which bring me to my next rant which is no trial period for most apps, I believe if a developer is proud of an app it should have a trial period.
are you sure you have to pay? it will still use the word "buy", but I'm pretty sure once you've downloaded an app, you never have to pay for it again. I had to do the same thing to a few apps I paid for and it never charged me even though it looked like it was going to.

oh, and you need to do a restore, that will fix the update problems. worked for me!

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Yeah, I'm fairly certain that you will not be charged again for redownloading AirShare, even if the price has gone up since you bought it. Apple should fix that "buy" button for items you've already bought to say something else. "still free" would be more accurate.

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
The app store just seems so shady to me. minimal effort is put into most of these apps and I always end up feeling used by any apps I purchase. Ironic how the "free" apps in Cydia are TONS better and way more useful than anything in the app store.

I've come to the conclusion that I can't disagree anymore with people that get these app store apps "cracked." Just like I don't have a problem with "pirating" of music that pre-dates the digital age... Jimi needs people to hear his sermon, at this point, not to fatten the wallet of "family" members that came out the woodwork years later when they saw a dollar could be made... ...tinkering around with his music and repackaging the same stuff with added tidbits of crap jimi would have never have released! God help these people.

madaca

Mar 2, 2008
It will not charge you again. I deleted airshare by accident and had to reinstall. Just click on "buy" and when it starts to download it will show you a message that say you already purchased the app and it will be free.

JFN

Bronze
Jul 12, 2008
Nor Cal
It worked

:)Thanks for the help, went completely through the purchase fiasco and the last pop up said this was free update as it was previously purchased. I'll ask for help differently in the future without the rant, this site is great and adds to the value of the iPhone.

John

Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
So, how will Jaadu follow through with its "charge you the remainder of $24" if you got it when it was free?