Best $0.99 spent

coasts

Zealot
Gold
Jul 15, 2007
New York, NY
www.lomohomes.com
iTunes offers an exhaustive selection of songs, videos, and all, but what if you had just $0.99 to spend. How would you do it? I'm somewhat of a completist so i don't buy many single tracks (unless an artist i like has one song on a compilation/soundtrack).

So, if you had just $0.99 to spend, what would you buy?

Me:
Kurt Vonnegut's "Tock Tick" - If you don't know, find out.

or

Devendra Banhart's "Little Boxes" cover.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Oh, interesting take on the song recommendations. I actually just downloaded massive amounts of music from iTunes but if I had to recommend just one download it would have to be "How Far We've Come" by Matchbox 20. I really like that song for some reason.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I like that one too. I recently bought 'Ring Ring' by Mika, and I recommend it.

I've probably spent $40 on iTunes since Christmas, I got so many gift cards.

- John

Montalicious

Bronze
Jul 16, 2007
I would recommend, "Go DJ by Lil wayne" to teenagers, the song never gets old. And Livin' on a prayer by Bon Jovi to those above 30.

I love the iTMS, I would prefer it over any p2p program, any day, and i have absolutely no problem paying 2$ for vids or 1$ for a song.

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
Hard question - whatever I choose, I'd probably be wanting to trade it out after a couple weeks - but for right now Macy Gray 'The Letter' or Counting Crows 'Hangingaround' ...

coasts

Zealot
Gold
Jul 15, 2007
New York, NY
www.lomohomes.com
No, why? They're just the two tracks that sprung to mind - almost chose 'Friend of the Devil' as second one (even though second one is not really allowed) ...
just giving you a hard time...cosmichippo named black crows as his/her favorite band the other day. i remember thinking how i hadnt heard about them in years and now here you are bringing them up again.

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
just giving you a hard time...cosmichippo named black crows as his/her favorite band the other day. i remember thinking how i hadnt heard about them in years and now here you are bringing them up again.
OK, got it now - never saw that thread. Plus, Black Crowes and Counting Crows are not the same band at all - like both of 'em, but Counting Crows better ...

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
I believe that the Black Crowes are back in the studio finishing up a new album... I heard that they are supposed to be touring late this year.
It's kinda funny/sad. I went to middle school with Richie Robinson. He used to beat me up back when he was a "jock". Years later, the band played our class Graduation party under the original band name, Mr Crow's Garden.
Then late one night I see them debuting on Letterman. About 4 months later, I ran into them at a movie theater by my old house.
It's funny how life plays out...
Yeah, it's a little bit extraneous info, but thought I would share anyway.

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
i usually get all of my music through CD's because i like to support the artists etcetc.

i WAS going to download "alchemy sounded good at the time" by Alesana so i could make a ringtone(i already own it from a CD, but you know how awesome ringtone making is..-.-) but of COURSE it wasn't a "ringtone" song.

it's things like these that make me want to mod -_-

KeKe

Bronze
Dec 26, 2007
I would suggest a lupe fiasco song such as superstar or Paris, Tokyo. I love his music.

coasts

Zealot
Gold
Jul 15, 2007
New York, NY
www.lomohomes.com
so, i'm curious if anyone actually checked out any of these tracks through iTunes. it's far to say i wont be looking at some of them, but there are a few names i hadnt heard of. regardless, i was hoping to find some real oddities, not just "cool" songs. i guess i should have been more specific.

let me pose this question. are there any real gems to be found for $0.99?

me - Kurt Vonnegut's "Tock Tick"
and - Jerry Garcia's "Love Scene" from Zabriski Point soundtrack
and maybe Funkadelic's "Maggot Brain" - unfortunately only the remixed version is available as a single track.

any of the above are a real bang for your buck.