Best app for storing accounts

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
So I'm looking for people's opinions on the best software for keeping account information on your phone (credit card, checking account, etc). Ideally I'd like something free but I don't mind paying if it's worth it. Security is a must.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
I really like eWallet myself. There are several good ones out there and you will get as many opinions. Read about each app as they are suggested so you can make an informed decision.

Jan 16, 2009
Mississippi
I like TapForms because I can have an easy 4 digit password to open the program and see minor stuff like software licenses and then a more difficult password to see other stuff like banking info.

LornaP

Bronze
Jul 12, 2009
Michigan
I use mSecure, easy to fill in info and find it again. Can't remember how much it cost though.

kakofonix

Silver
Oct 2, 2007
I use and strongly recommend Mint (free). It's just been acquired by Intuit - that's how good it is. Grab it before they put a price on it.

Jul 16, 2008
Colorado
I've been using eWallet since it was introduced in the App store. Although there are less expensive options out there I really trust Ilium software. Wi-fi syncs are a breeze too. Highly recommended!

pradley

Bronze
Oct 20, 2008
There is some confusion here: are we talking about a password information keeper or an account manager? For the record I use SplashID and SplashMoney for one and the other, and now that SplashMoney has been updated, both are very good.

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
Me too. I've been using this product for years on previous Palm PDAs and on my Mac. I like that it has a desktop companion application so that I always have a back-up of my passwords and account info. Plus, it's easy to keep multiple devices synced with it as well. It's a little pricey to get both, but well worth it in my opinion.

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
There is some confusion here: are we talking about a password information keeper or an account manager? For the record I use SplashID and SplashMoney for one and the other, and now that SplashMoney has been updated, both are very good.
I'm more talking about keeping account numbers. I can keep all my login's and passwords somewhere else (and most of them are in my head). I'm more looking for storing my credit card numbers, bank accounts, etc.

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
I'm more talking about keeping account numbers. I can keep all my login's and passwords somewhere else (and most of them are in my head). I'm more looking for storing my credit card numbers, bank accounts, etc.
Ah, my mistake. But, for the record, I also use SplashID to keep bank and credit card information as well... :)

ricks2gtouch

Zealot
Silver
Feb 20, 2009
Florida
I use SplashID for passwords, logins, account numbers and information, etc. Really anything that I need to remember like that. Even insurance information.

Jul 16, 2008
Colorado
I use SplashID for passwords, logins, account numbers and information, etc. Really anything that I need to remember like that. Even insurance information.
Same with eWallet. Most of those programs are categorized as password keepers but they all do that and much more.

I have everything of importance stored in eWallet: bank account #s, credit and debit card #s (+ the 3 digit #s that always seem to wear off the back of the actual cards), frequent flier info, rental car and hotel membership #s, forum usernames and passwords, program registration keys, insurance policies, etc. You can customize what you'd like to store till your heart's content.

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
I'm a huge fan of eWallet - and Ilium Software - for years, and love their iPhone app as well. It doesn't (yet) sync with a Mac though, so I've been using 1Password as my main app for this purpose, as it offers effortless / automatic sync with the Mac.

Both apps cost, but are well worth it in my view.

Jul 16, 2008
Colorado
I'm a huge fan of eWallet - and Ilium Software - for years, and love their iPhone app as well. It doesn't (yet) sync with a Mac though, so I've been using 1Password as my main app for this purpose, as it offers effortless / automatic sync with the Mac.

Both apps cost, but are well worth it in my view.
Yeah, that's an old promise that has yet to be fulfilled.

marnif

Jul 10, 2009
I'm an ewallet user too. My favorite part is that I can do all of the heavy typing on my pc keyboard using the desktop version and sync the info to the iPhone.