Best Apps For Apple Watch?

detroity2k

Bronze
Feb 2, 2008
Detroit, MI
What is the best or your favorite Apple Watch (AW) Apps? I find it difficult to search the App Store for AW Apps. It was very time consuming for me to find the best News, Sports, Fitness and Passbook app that works for me. So far I am unable to find a site that has ratings for AW Apps similar to the sites that rate iOS apps. Thus far, my favorite AW apps are:

Sports Feed
is mediocre but does the job. Not much competition for sports news apps.
Breaking News provides what I need to do for now.
Activity but that's because all of the other fitness apps focus more on running, bicycling, or workouts. I would like to find an app that accurately tracks my steps an shows the number in glance.
Decibl I have no real reason for it but it's fun to check every now and then.
iHeartRadio worked very well and easy to use.

I would like to find a better app for News, Realtime, Huffington Post, Sports, Team Stream, Twitter, Twitterriffic, IG, and step tracking. I have tried and passed on the following apps so far: Realtime, ESPN, TheScore, Pacer, Pedometer, Steps, Stepz, Pedometer, MapMyRun, Twiterriffic, Twitter, WebMD, Withings, Words, CardsApp, FidMe, Gyft, Stocard, Line, and WeChat to name a few.

up10ad

Genius
Gold
Aug 1, 2007
Fruita , CO
up10ad.com
It should be fun at the price of $29. It should also yell out "BE QUIET"when the meter reaches a certain level. Ha ha ha
Look again, $149.99
And just FYI the app you mentioned, Decibl, does display the sound level on the Apple Watch, but uses the microphone on the iPhone rather than the one in the Watch. :( This negates the convenience of having it on the watch and leaving the iPhone in your pocket.

Last edited:

detroity2k

Bronze
Feb 2, 2008
Detroit, MI
I'm an old guy with meds to take. Webmd has a nice app that alerts you via the watch to take meds.
WebMD – Trusted Health and Wellness Information by WebMD
https://appsto.re/us/PhOLr.i
Oh I am up there too. I love to read various things in the webmd app but not on AW because I didn't add any pills. The AW app is geared towards pill taking and that's great. I have the reminders app on the phone alert me for now.