Best Apps For Apple Watch?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by detroity2k, Jun 18, 2015.

1. detroity2k

detroity2k Member
    Bronze

What is the best or your favorite Apple Watch (AW) Apps? I find it difficult to search the App Store for AW Apps. It was very time consuming for me to find the best News, Sports, Fitness and Passbook app that works for me. So far I am unable to find a site that has ratings for AW Apps similar to the sites that rate iOS apps. Thus far, my favorite AW apps are:

Sports Feed
    is mediocre but does the job. Not much competition for sports news apps.
    Breaking News provides what I need to do for now.
    Activity but that's because all of the other fitness apps focus more on running, bicycling, or workouts. I would like to find an app that accurately tracks my steps an shows the number in glance.
    Decibl I have no real reason for it but it's fun to check every now and then.
    iHeartRadio worked very well and easy to use.

I would like to find a better app for News, Realtime, Huffington Post, Sports, Team Stream, Twitter, Twitterriffic, IG, and step tracking. I have tried and passed on the following apps so far: Realtime, ESPN, TheScore, Pacer, Pedometer, Steps, Stepz, Pedometer, MapMyRun, Twiterriffic, Twitter, WebMD, Withings, Words, CardsApp, FidMe, Gyft, Stocard, Line, and WeChat to name a few.

2. ZR_Yancy

ZR_Yancy Genius
    Gold

I'm still waiting for yahoo sports to support the Apple Watch. I like Flipboard for quick news.

3. detroity2k

detroity2k Member
    Bronze

I will check out flipboard. Yahoo has a fantasy sports app.

4. up10ad

up10ad Genius
    Gold

Fun little app, but I'm considering this as an alternative --- NOT! ;)

Capture.JPG

5. detroity2k

detroity2k Member
    Bronze

It should be fun at the price of $29. It should also yell out "BE QUIET"when the meter reaches a certain level. Ha ha ha

6. detroity2k

detroity2k Member
    Bronze

7. up10ad

up10ad Genius
    Gold

Look again, $149.99
    And just FYI the app you mentioned, Decibl, does display the sound level on the Apple Watch, but uses the microphone on the iPhone rather than the one in the Watch. :( This negates the convenience of having it on the watch and leaving the iPhone in your pocket.

#7 up10ad, Jun 20, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2015
  8. detroity2k

detroity2k Member
    Bronze

I didn't know that but now I can see the red bar at the top of the iPhone when the app is in use.

9. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

I'm an old guy with meds to take. Webmd has a nice app that alerts you via the watch to take meds.
    WebMD – Trusted Health and Wellness Information by WebMD
    https://appsto.re/us/PhOLr.i

10. detroity2k

detroity2k Member
    Bronze

Oh I am up there too. I love to read various things in the webmd app but not on AW because I didn't add any pills. The AW app is geared towards pill taking and that's great. I have the reminders app on the phone alert me for now.

11. Kriss

Kriss Zealot
    Silver

12. detroity2k

detroity2k Member
    Bronze

Yup, that's the same link I posted. It is helpful but I believe its geared towards Europe. It can be difficult to maneuver on the iPhone.

#12 detroity2k, Jun 20, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2015
  13. Kriss

Kriss Zealot
    Silver

Yep. I just noticed that. It's difficult to maneuver on the computer sometimes too. :)

14. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

The truth is that the best apps for the Apple Watch are the stock apps for now. The 3rd party apps are a bit buggy. That should improve down the road.