Best apps from Cydia

mcaram16

Silver
Jul 26, 2007
Long Island, NY
i'm looking for recommendations on the best apps from Cydia. Looking for reviews, opinions and what you think are worth my time and money.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
3G Unrestrictor
Cycorder
Mxtube
Winterboard
mquickDo
xGPS
BossPrefs
SBSettings
dTunes
Backgrounder

^There just off the top of my head.... there's loads.

carrera.owner

Bronze
Aug 31, 2008
Long Island, NY
I happen to be a big fan of intelliscreen. In short, this app will show new emails, text messages, news/sports/weather on the lockscreen. The gives the advantage of letting the user get a quick view of these items without having to unlock the iPhone. It doesn't take that long to configure things as you like. Here is a more direct url:http://www.rockyourphone.com/index.php/intelliscreen.html?feat=y

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Nice..thanks...i have most of those...is there an app for pop up email?
Yes, Elert. You can read email as it comes in from within any app. You first have to install RockApp in Cydia. Elert is 99 cents and I highly recommend it.

I also like SBSettings, Rotation Inhibitor (toggle for SBSettings),YouTube , MiVTones (video ringtones), PdaNet, Winterboard, FontSwap, Flashlight (full brightness flashlight-App Store flashlights are weak), Weather Icon (puts live weather over the stock weather icon and on your status bar) and Inspell (true spellchecker).

mcaram16

Silver
Jul 26, 2007
Long Island, NY
Yes, Elert. You can read email as it comes in from within any app. You first have to install RockApp in Cydia. Elert is 99 cents and I highly recommend it.

I also like SBSettings, Rotation Inhibitor (toggle for SBSettings),YouTube (it adds a download/save feature to the stock YouTube app), MiVTones (video ringtones), PdaNet, Winterboard, FontSwap, Flashlight (full brightness flashlight-App Store flashlights are weak), Weather Icon (puts live weather over the stock weather icon and on your status bar) and Inspell (true spellchecker).

Question about weather icon.....it only updates if you open up the stock weather app (or whichever weather app you decide to use)? Of is there a way to get it update itself...i see a refresh option under weather icon but it doesn't seem to do anything....

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Question about weather icon.....it only updates if you open up the stock weather app (or whichever weather app you decide to use)? Of is there a way to get it update itself...i see a refresh option under weather icon but it doesn't seem to do anything....
You can download the WeatherIcon straight through cydia. It puts your top selected Area e.g Washington's temperature on your springboard. You can pick how often you want it too update.

It caused my springboard to crash and revert to 'Safe Mode' - you might get luckier than me :)

KabaModern

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
I'm having this problem as well. It will only update if I open the application. I have it set to refresh every 1 minute, but it does nothing.

Any help?

aaronsiphone

Bronze
Dec 28, 2007
has nayone got unrestrictor to work witht he BBC iplayer as im having trouble

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
I recommend BossPaper, let's you have your background wallpaper rotate every X amount of minutes/hours/days. Very low CPU/RAM usage too. Love it!

asctony

Bronze
Jul 30, 2009
MI
Docs?

Has anyone used Docs from Cydia? I installed it and cannot seem to use it. I am using Docs to Go, but with D2G you cannot update Excel files. I would like any input. Thanks in advance.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
has nayone got unrestrictor to work witht he BBC iplayer as im having trouble

As of right now, it doesn't work. I'm sure the devs have a big long list of things that don't work which they maybe trying to fix.

Have you tried using the UAFaker from Cydia- I don't know if it will work or not, but it's worth a try.