Best Behavior

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
I drink coffee every day. Every day, multiple times per day. I also like food, especially fried foods and I'll never turn down a good burger. This was my lunch today and it was awesome. I highly recommend Jake's Wayback Burgers.

IMG_0021.jpg

So what happens when you take that all away and live on nothing but green juice. Should be fun, depending on your sick and cruel definition of fun. This was dinner and will be breakfast, lunch and dinner for 10 days -- or until I fold.

IMG_0028.jpg

Cranky admin incoming...

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
No freaking way. You couldn't pay me enough to subject my body to that sort of treatment. That can NOT be a healthy way to go about it.

I'm going to post every meal this week... you should see the lasagna I made today...

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I can picture the dietitians that I work with at the hospital cringing right now. ;)

I prefer to just eat less and healtheir when dieting because I think it's safer.

Aston Kutcher recently ended up hospitalized with pancreatitis after doing a fruit-only diet.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I really don't see the point of these diets. Wouldn't showing restraint on a more balanced level be healtheir overall? How can this break bad habits? You know even if you stayed the course you're just gonna go that much more nuts when you're done.

Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
I really don't see the point of these diets. Wouldn't showing restraint on a more balanced level be healtheir overall? How can this break bad habits? You know even if you stayed the course you're just gonna go that much more nuts when you're done.
That's sorta what I was thinking. When the fast is over, then what? Back to the same old diet?

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Chris mentioned he is only weighs about 157 and he is 5'7 so it doesn't sound like he needs a diet.
Agreed. He's at a healthy weight. I'd say just cut back on the high fat foods for cardioprotection. There's no need to cut these foods out completely. A weekly cheat day is a good thing.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Eeeeeeeat ze burger!

I'm at the perfect weight for my height right now. Been trying to get here since about 6th grade. Unfortunately, the majority of the weight is in my gut. And the main reason for that is.... beer!

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
I am 5'7 as well but 162 lbs since I started a bulking phase which ended up with me getting sick, having an operation and then not going to the gym for over two months. When I got back to the gym I had a Body Mass Index test and found that my body fat became 20% and that I'd need to lose about 5 kilograms to get back to the perfect weight for my body type. I honestly wouldn't take on that diet you posted, though, because I just couldn't handle it. It's as Mindi said, cutting back on the fast foods and foods with really high carbs like chocolate, biscuits, chips, etc. and you'll be fine!

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
For me, this is a cleanse and less about losing weight. It's about being healtheir on the inside -- lowering cholesterol, etc. I would like to lose a bit of fat around my midsection - but that's not my reason for the juice fast. Hoping I also get a bit more energy and just feel better in general.

I'm not starving my body. The amount of micro-nutrients I'll be getting from the green juice is far more than my typical diet. You have to see the amount of vegetables that go into just one drink. I'm supposed to drink that 4-6 times per day.

Hoping this leads to some balance at the end.

I'm doing anything crazy like quitting meat. Just giving the body a bit of a break, a reboot.

I watched this movie Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead on Netflix. I was amazed at what it did for people, so I wanted to see what it would do for me.

furndaddy

Contributor
Bronze
Aug 16, 2010
Indiana
Good luck to you, Chris. I admire your resolve. Just as a side note: I know a few who have tried the "cleanse." Try not to ever be more than 10-12 steps from the nearest bathroom. Ever.

Sent using iCafe app

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Good luck to you, Chris. I admire your resolve. Just as a side note: I know a few who have tried the "cleanse." Try not to ever be more than 10-12 steps from the nearest bathroom. Ever.

Sent using iCafe app
I'm good. With the snow coming, we'd typically get a few Tony's Pizza's be prepared for not leaving the house. This morning, I went out to pick up more kale, Apples, celery and beets.

Caffeine headache hasn't hit yet, but I know it's coming.

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
I'm good. With the snow coming, we'd typically get a few Tony's Pizza's be prepared for not leaving the house. This morning, I went out to pick up more kale, Apples, celery and beets.

Caffeine headache hasn't hit yet, but I know it's coming.
Take two Excedrin and you should get your caffeine fix and cure the headache.