Best Buy charging extra

Discussion in 'iPhone X' started by shutter13, Oct 27, 2017.

1. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

I got one it's unlocked I understand it costs more but it's the universal version you could not get at Apple at this time

2. CASEACE79

CASEACE79 Contributor
    Bronze

This is not true. Since the iPhone 5 every iPhone from Verizon is unlocked and is universal as it has both CDMA and GSM antennas. Best Buy was charging an extra $100 to try and curb the 1,000s that buy iPhones each year just to turn for profit. Best Buy’s thinking is that they charge an extra $100 to buy it outright and everyone else isn’t that the scalpers wouldn’t come. Freeing up more iPhones for valued customers that actually want the phone. Pretty smart actually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

3. CASEACE79

CASEACE79 Contributor
    Bronze

Sorry meant if Best Buy charged $100 extra all the scalpers would go elsewhere. Ya got what I meant though.

4. shutter13

shutter13 Evangelist
    Gold

If they are charging the extra....doesn’t that make them the scalpers?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  5. Michael Baturin

Michael Baturin Evangelist
    Gold

@shutter13 - funny you are right. I think they realize the demand far outweighs the supply and their revenue management team isn't stupid. When demand outweighs supply, you raise the price because people will still buy it. How it affects their customer's opinion and loyalty to them is an entirely different conversation. They went down a few points in my book - but no matter I got mine at actual retail price from Apple.

6. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

so you know I am not selling this phone