Best Buy Has Plenty Of The iPad Air

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Just got back from Best Buy. Store was empty. There were about five employees standing around the iPad counter. I was in and out in under 5 minutes. They have an odd process, that includes filling out some form and going to the customer service area. There wasn't much when it comes to case choices. They had the Smart Cover, but not the Smart Case. I did see pricing labels for the Smart Cover, but it had Smart Cases. I bet if I pushed, they probably have stock in the back. I was interested in getting in and out fast, so didn't bother.

Protection plans are $99 and they last a year.

I hear they'll match Walmart's price, but I purchased mine before hearing that news.

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
I look forward to your impressions of the iPad Air. My heart is set on the iPad Mini Retina but I still would like to hear of other people's experiences with the Air.

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007
My guess is most people are holding out for the mini. Congrats on the new purchase.

smelton3

Bronze
Apr 5, 2011
I ordered online for an 11/4 delivery. However around 11am I went to the Best But closest to my home, and yes the store was quiet and quite empty, they had a number of iPad Air available, but none embedded and one in the size and color I wanted. Plenty of 16G and WiFi only in a decent assortment.
On the way to work stopped at another, and pretty much the same. At this point there was no embedded models in any color and size available in the Atlanta Metro...according to the associate. This was around noon. Glad I have one on the way though.

Sent using iCafe app on my Retina Display iPad.

jarofclay73

Zealot
Gold
Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
My Best Buy only had the Wi-Fi versions. Ordered the AT&T 128GB. We'll see how long it'll take to come in.

Sent using iCafe app

bballrob

Genius
Gold
Oct 11, 2009
Alaska
I ordered online for an 11/4 delivery. However around 11am I went to the Best But closest to my home, and yes the store was quiet and quite empty, they had a number of iPad Air available, but none embedded and one in the size and color I wanted. Plenty of 16G and WiFi only in a decent assortment.
On the way to work stopped at another, and pretty much the same. At this point there was no embedded models in any color and size available in the Atlanta Metro...according to the associate. This was around noon. Glad I have one on the way though.

What is this embedded model of which you speak? Embedded with what?

smelton3

Bronze
Apr 5, 2011
WiFi + Cellular. In my case AT&T specifically.

Oct 24, 2010
Denver, CO
My wife ordered a white 32 gig iPad Air this afternoon for store pickup and they had it in stock.

B89rent89

Bronze
Sep 19, 2012
My Best Buy only had the Wi-Fi versions. Ordered the AT&T 128GB. We'll see how long it'll take to come in.

Sent using iCafe app
Ordered same in space gray last week. Hasn't shipped yet. Shows a ship date between 18th and 21st. Please post when yours arrives so I can get a feel for when I'll get mine. Thank you.

Sent using iCafe app