Best Buy Has Plenty Of The iPad Air

Discussion in 'iPad Air' started by chris, Nov 1, 2013.

1. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

Just got back from Best Buy. Store was empty. There were about five employees standing around the iPad counter. I was in and out in under 5 minutes. They have an odd process, that includes filling out some form and going to the customer service area. There wasn't much when it comes to case choices. They had the Smart Cover, but not the Smart Case. I did see pricing labels for the Smart Cover, but it had Smart Cases. I bet if I pushed, they probably have stock in the back. I was interested in getting in and out fast, so didn't bother.

Protection plans are $99 and they last a year.

I hear they'll match Walmart's price, but I purchased mine before hearing that news.

2. JWiPhone

JWiPhone Genius
    Gold

I look forward to your impressions of the iPad Air. My heart is set on the iPad Mini Retina but I still would like to hear of other people's experiences with the Air.

3. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

4. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

My guess is most people are holding out for the mini. Congrats on the new purchase.

5. smelton3

smelton3 Member
    Bronze

I ordered online for an 11/4 delivery. However around 11am I went to the Best But closest to my home, and yes the store was quiet and quite empty, they had a number of iPad Air available, but none embedded and one in the size and color I wanted. Plenty of 16G and WiFi only in a decent assortment.
    On the way to work stopped at another, and pretty much the same. At this point there was no embedded models in any color and size available in the Atlanta Metro...according to the associate. This was around noon. Glad I have one on the way though.

Sent using iCafe app on my Retina Display iPad.

6. jarofclay73

jarofclay73 Zealot
    Gold

My Best Buy only had the Wi-Fi versions. Ordered the AT&T 128GB. We'll see how long it'll take to come in.

Sent using iCafe app

7. bballrob

bballrob Genius
    Gold

What is this embedded model of which you speak? Embedded with what?

8. smelton3

smelton3 Member
    Bronze

WiFi + Cellular. In my case AT&T specifically.

Sent using iCafe app on my Retina Display iPad.

9. Tattooed Alex

Tattooed Alex Genius
    Gold

My wife ordered a white 32 gig iPad Air this afternoon for store pickup and they had it in stock.

10. B89rent89

B89rent89 Member
    Bronze

Ordered same in space gray last week. Hasn't shipped yet. Shows a ship date between 18th and 21st. Please post when yours arrives so I can get a feel for when I'll get mine. Thank you.

Sent using iCafe app