Best Buy not carrying white iPhone 4S

Discussion in 'iPhone 4S' started by Likewise4, Oct 13, 2011.

1. Likewise4

Likewise4 New Member

I preordered My iPhone 4S from Bestbuy last week and signed up for the white 16g.. Got a call today to set up
    My appointment to come in tomorrow and they told me they don't have any.! Anybody else had this issue?

2. chazm

chazm Contributor
    Silver

i hope not. im expecting a white iPhone. at least you got your phone call already

3. creed16

creed16 New Member

I got a call first thing this morning, My BB did not receive any white 32 GB phones. They did however get 16gb Whites which they automatically held for me since i was waiting on a 32. but I turned it down for the black 32GB.
    I am still not really happy as i wanted a white, but i would rather have a 32Gb over a 16 plus I really need a phone tomorrow as I sold my iPhone 4

4. chazm

chazm Contributor
    Silver

Talk about coincidence. Right when I posted I get a call from BB. He said, "unfortunately, we did not get your phone in yet. It may come in a shipment tonight, or possibly tomorrow". Mother Fu**ers!

I ordered a 16gb White. I never need more space than I have, but if I did wouldn't the cloud store it all?

edit: From reading other threads, it seems that most everyone has there package en route at about 4pm ET so I think I'll still be ok.

He said I was 3rd on the list and today I took the time to reschedule all of my appointments except for one at 11:30am to another day :)

5. Likewise4

Likewise4 New Member

Well I called back up there and talked to a lady in the mobile phone department and she said they are getting them in but she asked me what carrier I was with, which is AT&T.. So I'm guessing it depends on the carrier your with..

6. tybirdtybird

tybirdtybird Contributor
    Bronze

I just got the call going in getting mine at 8 am 16 gb black. When I get home going to put a coat of car wax in the back. My 3GS look brand new.

7. chazm

chazm Contributor
    Silver

So did anyone get theirs from BB yet. I drove by my local BB and they weren't even open, not till 10

8. tybirdtybird

tybirdtybird Contributor
    Bronze

Here they where open at 8 for preorders. Was no lines at all was only one there. They had only 3 to sell.

9. chazm

chazm Contributor
    Silver

Well at 1pm today I decided to stop by BB. The salesman said they don't have any white 16gb in and they have a shipment coming in around 4pm, but he doesn't know what's in it. He thinks Apple may be sending out a short supply of White ones nationwide if any, and they haven't received any white yet. I asked if I could switch to a Black one and he said no problem.

I get home and I'm wondering, the way he checked was as if they had Black 4s' just sitting around. Are they not sold out?

I still think I'm going to hold out for a White one....though this Galaxy S is killing me. Went to sleep last night with 80% charged and woke up 7 hours later and it was completely dead. POS

10. Diya

Diya New Member

Any news on your white iPhone? I called this morning about mine (white, 32 GB) and now they're saying they don't know when they'll get a shipment of white phones...really defeats the purpose of pre-ordering.

11. hot_mamma311

hot_mamma311 Member
    Bronze

I went to the Apple store today & they had a ton of white 4S phones

12. stil29

stil29 Member
    Bronze

Best buy doesn't know what types of phones or colors they will get. Preorder from them puts you in line for their inventory. It never has guaranteed you an actual phone

13. Diya

Diya New Member

thanks. I'm realizing that now. I chose to go with best buy because I had a ton of gift cards and rewards points that would make the phone basically no cost to me. Feeling silly now that I'm going to be waiting indefinitely now since I put $50 down to preorder from them and they can't even tell me when they expect the white phones to be available. Oh well...

14. stil29

stil29 Member
    Bronze

I know what you mean. I have reward zone also but I needed three phones so I was worried I wouldn't get enough phones

15. chazm

chazm Contributor
    Silver

Well I called my BB today and they still haven't received any white iPhones. I called my local AT&T and they had 32 and 64gb whites in but I needed to get it from bb. I called up another BB about 20 mins away and they had 10 16gb whites in. Drive out here and they let me use my reserve from the other store :)

I'm now a proud white iPhone owner

16. MuscleMommy

MuscleMommy Contributor
    Bronze

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app