Best Buy Now have Macs

dmksaved

Bronze
Jun 14, 2007
not sure if this is old news but . Best Buy Tomorrow will now have a whole mac section in there store . check it out August 16th . wahoo . no more going all the way to the Apple store to look at the new imac . or new products . not sure if the iPhone will be at a best buy though .

Witness

Zealot
Gold
Jun 18, 2007
Miami,Florida
Finally I hate having to go to the Apple store or compusa to look at macs,

RyanFavre

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
Milwaukee
yes this was announced shortly after the iPhone was released. rumor had it they'd be selling iPhones as well.

Pros: Apple exposes a much larger consumer base to their products.
Cons: best buy employees don't know anything.

dmksaved

Bronze
Jun 14, 2007
yes this was announced shortly after the iPhone was released. rumor had it they'd be selling iPhones as well.

hahaha . i know more than best buy employees . lol .. some know a lot though there are smart people there there called geek squad .

dmksaved

Bronze
Jun 14, 2007

ok it was announced . but was the date realeased . my friends works at best buy and tomorrow the 16th is the opening day for it .

Joon

Bronze
Jul 14, 2007
The best buy by me has had a mac section with a bunch of Apple computers for at least the last 6 months.

Yes, they have had them at lots of locations for months now. That is where I bought my MacBook Pro. I wanted to get it there rather than from the Apple site so I could get it the same day instead of waiting weeks.

asuandy

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
This will be good for exposure, but Best Buy sales people arent the smartest and its not their fault if they arent trained. I have to say though that there is nothing like the awesome and fun atmosphere of an Apple Store. You can play with everything and everyone is really helpful. The last time I looked at PCs at Best Buy, they were completely locked down and running demo software. You could check out the physical aspects of the system, but not the OS. Apple Store all the way for me. The Biltmore store is amazing

This will be good for exposure, but Best Buy sales people arent the smartest and its not their fault if they arent trained. I have to say though that there is nothing like the awesome and fun atmosphere of an Apple Store. You can play with everything and everyone is really helpful. The last time I looked at PCs at Best Buy, they were completely locked down and running demo software. You could check out the physical aspects of the system, but not the OS. Apple Store all the way for me. The Biltmore store is amazing
Yes it's true the help Best Buy has is not very well trained. When I bought my MBP there, not one person knew about the Macs at all and they had all the MBPs locked up in a case. They didn't have any on display. They invited me to come back the next day after they set up the Apple display but I wanted the computer I cam for and got it.

Bakerman

Bronze
Jul 8, 2007
PA/USA
I thought that I had read that the Masc section was going to only be in select Best Buy stores. Are you sure they are going to have a section in every store?

deac

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
Its a gradual roll out into Best Buys across the nation. Saw an article recently as to how many they were in and think the goal was to be in half by Christmas or something like that but were hoping to surpass that.

deac

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
yeah here's the article

http://www.macnn.com/articles/07/08/03/Apple.products.in.best.buy/

Apple and Best Buy are planning to bring iPhones to some of Best Buy's nationwide outlets in the next 4-6 weeks, according to sources. Meanwhile, the retail chain plans to expand the number of its stores that sell Macs to 300 by the end of 2007. When the expansion is complete, Best Buy will be selling nearly 80 percent of Apple's entire product offerings in about 40 percent of its own outlets across the U.S. AppleInsider reports that the two companies, which launched a pilot program to test the prospect of selling Apple goods in just seven Best Buy stores last year, will start by expanding Mac distribution to 200 locations by the end of September.
more follows

EJW2202

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
I just went to my local Best Buy advertising the Apple store. All of the Macs there are running demo osx software although you can close out of it. Plus they didn't get any of the new iMacs and are only discounting the old one's $100. Plus no iPhones. To me it's not really an Apple store it's more of an authorized retail store.

mrmacbook

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
I wil probably get my next mac from best buy. It will be some quick reward zone points = free gift certificates. :laugh2:

We have two best buys in our area. One has carried macs for acouple months, the other doesn't have macs yet.