Best Buy Sprint Student deal

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
Somewhere between DC and Baltimore.
What is Unlimited, My Way Student Promotion?
Effective 11/15/2013 in select Best Buy stores and 11/18/2013 nationally, Sprint and Best Buy have come together to launch Unlimited, My Way Student Promotion, which gives students up to 12 months of free talk, text and 1GB data on the Unlimited, My Way plan with the purchase of a smartphone at Best Buy. That’s a savings of up to $70/month off the base monthly rate charge!
Students preferring a basic phone can also get 12 months of free talk and text with blocked data for a savings of $50/month. All students can add unlimited data for an additional $10/month. All lines can enjoy unlimited talk, text and data while on the Sprint network with the Sprint Unlimited Guarantee — not just for now, but for life. There is no service agreement with the Unlimited, My Way student phone line.
Also, for every additional new phone line of service (referral lines) activated on Unlimited, My Way or My All-in on the account with the student line at Best Buy, the account gets an additional 12 months of free talk, text and 1GB data for the student lines to share. Only student lines share free service.

http://support.sprint.com/support/a...ram/5600ef1d-a21f-4de9-bfed-28a3258f154b#faq1

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
I like how it's the 'unlimited' but capped at 1 gig plan LOL.
Actually doesn't sound like a bad deal at all. As long as he can keep tabs on the data usage, it does seem like a decent deal for sure.

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
Somewhere between DC and Baltimore.
You pay $10 for unlimited
Last month they forgot to text us limit reminders at AT&T
we travel and if the Hotel has bad WIFI ..........anyway we went a lot over