Best buy wants my phone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Nur2652, Oct 28, 2011.

1. Nur2652

Nur2652 Member
    Bronze

I have the 4 and am available for an upgrade. Best buy said they'd give me $185 for my phone then the 4s would cost me $15. Should I do that and get it over with, or put it for sale and hope to get $250-300 and have to wait. Any thoughts? Thanks.

2. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

Think that is a call you will have to make yourself. I you want to put it up and meet the buyer and what not yes you will get more for it. If you want. I hassle sure thing give it to bestbuy. Either is a good choice.

3. acosmichippo

acosmichippo Genius
    Platinum

You can make much more by selling on ebay or craigslist.

4. iP5

iP5 Evangelist
    Gold

By your own numbers you stand to make $65-$115 extra for about one of hour attention all in. Personally that's worth my while.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

5. showguy

showguy Member
    Silver

I got $350.00 on Ebay in less than 10 minutes for my mint iPhone 4.

6. raqball

raqball Evangelist
    Gold

Personally I'd just give it to Best Buy.. One less thing to worry about.. No worry over buyers backing out, having to make a trip to mail it.. I guess you have to answer if a little more cash is worth the headache / hassle...

••Sent from my iPhone••

7. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

It just depends on how much your time is worth. You can get as much as $450 for it on eBay if you're willing to take the time for an online sale.

8. Leo

Leo Zealot
    Silver

Best Buy is good, as you'd almost break even, but as the other posts state, you can make more.

9. verbalj

verbalj Member
    Bronze

Make more! :)

Sell it on eBay. If you don't want to make a trip to the post office (or UPS), have them pick it up for you!

10. MuddyPaws

MuddyPaws Zealot

Another for ebay. I got way more on ebay. Sold in a couple hours with buy it now. I guess it depends on the condition of the thing.

11. acosmichippo

acosmichippo Genius
    Platinum

Granted, ebay will take a hefty chunk of the sale afterwards. And then Paypal (which is also owned by ebay) takes another 3% if you use it .

12. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Yeah, I think it brings $450 down to about $400. That's still double what Best Buy would give you, though.

13. ivantwilliams

ivantwilliams Evangelist
    Gold

I like hassle free stuff. Knowing me, I'd have taken it to Best Buy, and called it a day. Once I receive my 4S in a few weeks, I'll have to go through the long process of selling it. Everybody and their Mama has an iPhone 4 for sale...

14. talon90

talon90 Contributor
    Bronze

One more vote for Ebay. I sold my locked AT&T black 32gb iOS 5 iPhone 4 for $325.00 plus shipping in one day on Ebay. Well worth the aggrivation. After PayPal and Ebay fees I netted $296.95. My new 4S cost me $2.35. Not bad in my opinion.

15. Nur2652

Nur2652 Member
    Bronze

The condition of my iPhone 4 is mint, there's not a scratch on it. I had it in case since day I bought it and the day otter box cane out, in it went. I guess after all the responses I'll go the eBay route. Let me ask a ?, what should I put the BIN price at, and Do I have to do anything other than set phone to factory settings. I don't want to get rid of the phone with any of my info on it, that's for your replies...

16. raqball

raqball Evangelist
    Gold

I'd say $275-$300... The problem is that right now the market is flooded with iPhone 4's....

To clear all your data you can either reset it through the device or restore it to factory settings in iTunes...

17. MuddyPaws

MuddyPaws Zealot

Agree. There are bunches of phones on the market now. I sold mine before the 4s was released. The weekend that the Galaxy S2 was released.

18. chazm

chazm Contributor
    Silver

I went and bought mine from BB. The lady told me they'd give me $200 for my 4. I said no way, I could get a lot more. Then she came back and said they could give me $250. I still said no deal but my friend took the deal

19. talon90

talon90 Contributor
    Bronze

I set my auction up for 5 days with a starting price of $250 and a Buy it now of $325. I sold it via the BIN on the second day of the listing. My phone was also mint for the same reason. Good luck with your sale.

20. Darkhrse99

Darkhrse99 Member
    Bronze

I'd sell it on Craigslist or eBay, I sold my 3GS for 275.00 when the 4 came out and plan to put my 4 on Craigslist very soon do I can get the 4s.