Best calendar to use

golfergirl13

Bronze
Apr 10, 2009
I'm still new to the iPhone. The calendar that's on the iPhone isn't very good. What kind of calendars are out there that are good? I would really like a calendar that if you have something that day that it pops up on your iPhone kinda of like if you receive a test message pops up when you have your phone locked.

Any calendars out there like that?

shutter13

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 8, 2009
The calendar that comes with the iPhone will do that, if you set up an alert. Just today I picked up my iPhone when I got out of work and there was a pop up stating I had a doctor's appt tomorrow. The iPhone calendar has been more than sufficient for my needs, but I can see how many power users might find it lacking.

golfergirl13

Bronze
Apr 10, 2009
The calendar that comes with the iPhone will do that, if you set up an alert. Just today I picked up my iPhone when I got out of work and there was a pop up stating I had a doctor's appt tomorrow. The iPhone calendar has been more than sufficient for my needs, but I can see how many power users might find it lacking.
Where do I set the alerts up? I have looked everywhere and can't find it. Opps, I just found the alerts and it was on. So, I will do another test to see if it pops up.

mitchellm4

Bronze
Jan 21, 2009
Greensboro, NC
you can also use the google mobile sync. it syncs your contacts and calendars. that also makes it so you can set up your calendar on your computer and it will automatically sync instantly

golfergirl13

Bronze
Apr 10, 2009
When I went to settings > calendar > new invitation alerts are set to on. However, when I did a test, nothing popped up on my screen. So, I created another test and noticed that it does have alert and its set to off. My question is evertime I set up an appt, meeting in calendar do I always have to set that alert to on? How can I set up it to come up automatically?

danipoak

Silver
Dec 13, 2007
Not Alaska
By default the alert is set to off. If you set it up on Google calendar and sync it then by default that way alerts are always set to go off I think 10 minutes before an event.

golfergirl13

Bronze
Apr 10, 2009
A silly question. Where do I get google mobil and how do I set it up?

panzeriti

Bronze
Apr 15, 2009
Just go to the app store ;)

golfergirl13

Bronze
Apr 10, 2009
Just go to the app store ;)
Ummm.....I went to the app store and could not find it. I googled "google mobile" in app store and could not find it. I googled "google mobile synch" in the app store and could not find it. What is the exact name in the app?

shutter13

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 8, 2009
To sync your calendar with google calendar you do not need an app. You just need to set it up. There are instructions on how somewhere on this forum. Just do a search here. You will need to sync your calendar on your pc to google first cause I am pretty sure it is gonna erase the calendar on your phone.