Best camera app for professionals

Mi-Phone

Bronze
Feb 4, 2012
Hey all, I'm looking for a really good camera app that will allow me to set things on a manual level. Looking to set things like the Iso and the aperture and shutter speed. Any suggestions would be very appreciated, thanks

VOLS34

Zealot
Gold
Jun 25, 2010
There's one that has a timer & rapid shot but that's about all I've seen. Does the phone even have an actual shutter?

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
There's one that has a timer & rapid shot but that's about all I've seen. Does the phone even have an actual shutter?
No, cell phone cameras don't have mechanical shutters. The effects of the shutter are digitally imitated.

Mi-Phone

Bronze
Feb 4, 2012
Yes that is true but I thought since the iPhone has this improved lens and everything that it did. What an Iso adjusting app. Anything like that our there?

VOLS34

Zealot
Gold
Jun 25, 2010
There's an app called PictureMe. Not sure if it's anything you could use. Actually it's probably more of an enhancement.

Apple iAddicted

Contributor
Bronze
Feb 20, 2012
A professional wouldn't waste time with a cellphone camera come on Pro cameras are up to 24+ mega pixels.

Sent from my 32GB iPhone 4s on iOS 5.1!
Only thing iPhone is missing is an expandable memory port! Come on Apple give us a microSD port already!

owieh

Contributor
Bronze
Jul 15, 2010
Sheffield, UK
twitter.com
A professional wouldn't waste time with a cellphone camera come on Pro cameras are up to 24+ mega pixels.

Only thing iPhone is missing is an expandable memory port! Come on Apple give us a microSD port already!
I totally agree. Cellphone camera can't perform as well as Pro cameras no matter what app you've got. Although you could take great photos with an iPhone, you'll have little control especially if it's not done in a studio. At least in the studio, you could control the lighting and such, outside it's pretty much luck.

emhcee

Bronze
Apr 4, 2008
I do like the idea of being able to control the (simulated) shutter though, it'd be nice to play with that kind of photography with the camera on my phone.

Apple iAddicted

Contributor
Bronze
Feb 20, 2012
Want control, someone build a real photo editing app that can change exposure, enhance, crop, etc... Have not met many photographers who don't take advantage of programs like photoshop