Best Case for pocket or purse

sharard

Jul 3, 2007
Ive seen some of the reviews but none to seem to say anything about toughness in a womens purse or in a mans pocket.. I don't like wearing stuff outside my clothes, so looking for a good case that can take the wear and tear of being in a pocket.. Must have no belt clip or snap(on the outside) if possible// Thanks

Jul 4, 2007
www.slappingturtle.com
I am also looking for a case that will allow me to carry my iPhone in my front pants pocket but will allow quick access. I don't want my iPhone in a case when I am using it and I want it to be leather. The mSLEEVE is the only case I like so far and it has not been released as of today.

MadDog31

Bronze
May 15, 2007
Wilmington, NC
www.bitterfans.com
I'm gonna be honest with you both, I'm not big on anything being carried on the outside of my pocket either, but I bought the Belkin Slim-Fit Case at AT&T and I'm very impressed. It has an extremely low-profile belt clip on the back (I can't tell it's here really when in my pocket) and it's a nice sliding case w/ a nice feature on the bottom to help you push the phone out of the case. I bought it as a pocket solution and it's done wonders for me.

http://www.belkin.com/pressroom/releases/uploads/07_02_07iPhoneAcc.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 4, 2007
www.slappingturtle.com
I'm gonna be honest with you both, I'm not big on anything being carried on the outside of my pocket either, but I bought the Belkin Slim-Fit Case at AT&T and I'm very impressed. It has an extremely low-profile belt clip on the back (I can't tell it's here really when in my pocket) and it's a nice sliding case w/ a nice feature on the bottom to help you push the phone out of the case. I bought it as a pocket solution and it's done wonders for me.

I do like this case. I will go take a look at it at my local AT&T store.

alpinelegacy06

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007

I second that. I hate it wen people wear their fone on their belt clip but the Belkin case has changed that. This is the only accessory I have so far.

The case is extremely thin so I can't even tell that it's bulging in my pocket. It has the mesh bottom so that you can jam to your tunes on speaker. The vibrate switch is easily accessible, and although the volume buttoms are covered, you can still push it through the elastic. It also has very soft suede inside the case so I know my iPhone is protected and can't damage the screen. And obviously the top is open, so you can plug in your headphones and get to the sleep/wake button no problem.

Overall, best case I've ever used on a fone and ideal for the iPhone. It's 30 bux, very modest for knowing that your 600 dolla baby is well protected. Hope this can help persuade people to get this case because it's really worth it.

_surface

Jul 5, 2007

i have been using the ipod oem sleeve for my iPhone and love it...

just hope this offers a little more protection...
may check local att store tomorrow.
going to be hard to put down oem ipod sleeve

Simon Templar

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
Infinite Rider On The Big Dogma
I have used a Contour Showcase on all of my iPods in the past and have found them to offer a lot of protection without a lot of bulk.

When I bought my iPhone on iFriday, I looked at all the cases they had on hand at the Apple Store. Didn't really look for anything in particular....just some form of protection until I chose which case I really wanted. (I also tend to love Vaja's cases...but they've not really got much to offer the iPhone yet.)

Anyway, on the racks I found a Contour iSee case for the iPhone.

http://contourcase.com/isee/iseeiPhone/

Although the pic on their website would lead you to think the case is frosted...but it is actually crystal clear.

For temporary protection it is more than I had hoped for. However, I could see myself keeping this as a full time case, too. It's not absolutely everything I would want in an iPhone case...but it is damned close. Reasonable protection without a lot of bulk. Slips easily in and out of a pocket (I also hate wearing phones/beepers/etc on a belt or the like)

Give it a look. You could do a helluva lot worse or the money.

.....sT

gsxr370

Apr 12, 2007

this is the one I bought. I didn't like it at first, but after a day or two it got broken in and I love it.

Bluesy1

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Southern CA

I got this case at the AT&T store too and I love it. It's very sleek and the leather is excellent quality. I think it looks classier than a plastic or rubber case.

rumpelgeist

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007
the msleeve covers the speaker, when it rings you wont be able to hear it
Yes you can. I am using a case right now that covers the speakers, and I've tried a couple of others that completely incase the phone (covering the speakers as well) and have no trouble whatsoever hearing it ring, hearing emails come in, etc.

Rumpelgeist