Best/cheapest way to ship iPhone?

1. Jdsmitty10 Member Bronze

Hello,
    I sold my wife and I's iPhone 4's 16 gig last night for $260 +9.99 ship and $246+ 9.99 shipping. I am real happy that I am making money by upgrading to the iPhone 5.

For those of you who have sold and shipped iPhones in their original boxes how did you ship them? Would they fit in a small priority mail flat rate box? Best and cheapest ways to ship?

Thanks for your input!

2. imutter Genius Gold

It depends
    Flat rate boxes are always more for me (e-bay) they only are cheaper if you have a very heavy item.
    If it goes a close distance I like UPS (look at zones)
    Otherwise I use USPS try sending it media what is the cheapest

3. Avatar

Sponsored Advertisement

4. iErik Zealot Gold

Don't use Media Mail - it can only be used for educational materials.

If it were me I'd just try to find a plain box and ship it USPS Priority. The iPhone is small enough where it usually costs less than using a medium flat rate box (it definitely won't fit in a small). Also, make sure you get delivery/signature confirmation, especially if you sold on eBay.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. chris Administrator Administrator

I used USPS and insured for the full amount. I think it was around $16 or so. Better safe than sorry.

6. imutter Genius Gold

I ask the buyer if they want to upgrade to insurance.
    But then I do not sell electronics/phones on e-bay.

7. Bambamone3 New Member

Ok I sold two 4s's in the og box and shipped them in a small flat rate box along with a otterbox case and some other cases. Keep in mind that there will be a small bulge in the box but the iPhone box is and extra layer of protection in itself. And a little extra tape would help. Hey If it fits it ships lol.

8. snowtrooper1966 Genius Gold

Use your own box, ship postal service priority with insurance and delivery confirmation.
    As a seller on eBay, insurance and delivery confirmation is the best policy.
    Keeps you (delivery confirmation, should any issues arise, such as buyer claiming they never received item) and the buyer protected.

9. kaelinlei Member Bronze

I have sold multiple iPhones on eBay. I always ship it Priority Mail (or UPS) with signature confirmation, tracking and insured. If you don't have signature confirmation on orders over $250 and the buyer says that they didn't get it, you are held liable. Delivery confirmation or not, signature confirmation is a must. I had forgotten to do that with one of my phones and I almost had a heart attack when I read that in the seller rules. Never forgetting that again!

Sent from my iPad using iCafe app