Best clear protection in my opinion

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

bigviking

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
OK, I have had my iPhone for almost two weeks now and am now happy with the protection system that I have on it.

For me, the best things to do was:

1) Bestskinsever.com for the total protection (back and sides), but I didn't use their front cover, as it was way to visible.

2) Boxwave for the front cover. I have this thing on perfectly, and I can honestly say that it is near invisible, absolutely amazing! Also, grease smudges are nowhere near as visible as they were without it.

I went through two of the bestskinsever covers before I got one on perfectly, but they are pretty inexpensive. I have now put two of the boxwave fronts on two different iPhones, and they were both perfect from the start.

miamibusta69

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
so the bse uses the back to cover the sides as well not the front right?

think im going to put the back like u did and buy the crystal from the Apple store.

spud2007

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
I just ordered the crystal from the Apple store. I will let you know how it holds up etc when I receive it Wed.

el31415

Bronze
Jul 15, 2007
There was a free protection screen
I just kept the original screen protector on my iPhone
And cut ( very very carefuly ) around the earphone speaker and the home button
et voila

alb0zf1n3st

Silver
Jul 2, 2007
If you didn't use the top cover from bestskinsever doesn't that mean the chrome parts of the phone are no lover covered ? or does the bestskinsever bottom piece over that alll? if so i think I will do the same and just get the Apple crystal cover then

Clyde099

Bronze
Jul 15, 2007
so the bse uses the back to cover the sides as well not the front right?

think im going to put the back like u did and buy the crystal from the Apple store.
I think that is correct.
From macro pictures i've seen of the skin, the back covers chrome sides.
Two other small pieces cover the top and bottom chrome.
In total, there are four pieces with the BSE skin, the last being the screen.

alb0zf1n3st

Silver
Jul 2, 2007
You sure that there are 4 total? It seems like 2 ... the back just covers up to the top the chrome? and the last was to cover the screen? not sure just asking..

neo

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
murf, Tn
Iam also using the boxwave for the front, went on nice and looks great. I have the bestskinsever on order may do like you did and just used the back as i am very happy with the boxwave

bcaslis

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
Oregon
I'm using the crystal film cover from Apple for the front. For the back, the only skin I know of that covers it all (including the chrome portions) is the bodyguardz one. Both the bestskinever and invisibleshield don't cover this part.

JHoffy

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
I have to tell ya, if you are looking for just screen protection, the Crystal Film set from the Apple store is the best I've seen yet. It is a breeze to put on and no air bubbles. You can't even tell I have a screen protection on. I'm very happy with it.

thedwp

Bronze
Jun 24, 2007
I just ordered the crystal from the Apple store. I will let you know how it holds up etc when I receive it Wed.
I've been reluctant to go for the clear screen protection but I actually bought the Crystal from the Apple store tonight and I have to say I am SOOOOO pleased! What a surprise. No, it doesn't cover the silver edge but my incase covers that fine. And other than seeing a little edge around the home button and the ear area it LOOKS GREAT and I'm very picky when it comes to screens. I've actually been able to relax a little more tonight knowing the screen is protected.

Clayfree

Jul 3, 2007
OK, I have had my iPhone for almost two weeks now and am now happy with the protection system that I have on it.

For me, the best things to do was:

1) Bestskinsever.com for the total protection (back and sides), but I didn't use their front cover, as it was way to visible.

2) Boxwave for the front cover. I have this thing on perfectly, and I can honestly say that it is near invisible, absolutely amazing! Also, grease smudges are nowhere near as visible as they were without it.

I went through two of the bestskinsever covers before I got one on perfectly, but they are pretty inexpensive. I have now put two of the boxwave fronts on two different iPhones, and they were both perfect from the start.
I totally agree. The Bestskin is great for the back and a bonus feature is that it makes it easier to grip. The phone doesn't slide out of my hands as easily. However I don't like it on the front, it has an orange peel texture. I ordered a crystal skin from Apple and I think the two will be a great combination.

latinnftl

Bronze
Mar 19, 2007

I just got my crystal film set, and I ruined the first one! Do not touch it and even though it can be cleaned you have to clean it very softly and don't use a papertowel as it will scratch. But anyway, I used the second one and installed it perfectly and it was easy! And, I've been using the phone for about 2 hours now and I have to say that it reduces the residue/finger printing conservatively by about 90%. I wrote this and there is only one little finger print I can see. It's incredible!

burniksapwet

Silver
Jul 5, 2007
I just got my crystal film set, and I ruined the first one! Do not touch it and even though it can be cleaned you have to clean it very softly and don't use a papertowel as it will scratch. But anyway, I used the second one and installed it perfectly and it was easy! And, I've been using the phone for about 2 hours now and I have to say that it reduces the residue/finger printing conservatively by about 90%. I wrote this and there is only one little finger print I can see. It's incredible!
Glad you like it. Its also nice to have that feeling of security by having that on the screen.:laugh2:

iPhone69

Bronze
Jul 13, 2007
South Florida
i got the crystal film set last night and have yet to put it on because my factory one is still working fine. also because i got the last pack at the store. some may agree but i have the dlo jam jacket and i love it.