Best clear screen to protect my phone?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Shunoo

Aug 14, 2007
First post, have been lurking around here for awhile and just reading.

But, I've been looking at buying an invisbleSHIELD for my phone since I got a hairline scratch on my screen from god-knows-what.

Any suggestions on fixing the scratch? I went to a jewelers the other day and they said they couldn't buff it out because of the large surface.

Also, is this invisibleSHIELD brand the best one out there?

rondz

Bronze
Jul 13, 2007
Bay Area
First post, have been lurking around here for awhile and just reading.

But, I've been looking at buying an invisbleSHIELD for my phone since I got a hairline scratch on my screen from god-knows-what.

Any suggestions on fixing the scratch? I went to a jewelers the other day and they said they couldn't buff it out because of the large surface.

Also, is this invisibleSHIELD brand the best one out there?
There's a whole thread on which is the best clear screen to protect the iPhone, just do a search on "invisibleSHIELD" A whole bunch of stuff will come up on it. It has pretty bad reviews compared to others, I ended up canceling my order after I seen it's reviews.

Shunoo

Aug 14, 2007
There's a whole thread on which is the best clear screen to protect the iPhone, just do a search on "invisibleSHIELD" A whole bunch of stuff will come up on it. It has pretty bad reviews compared to others, I ended up canceling my order after I seen it's reviews.
What did you end up getting?

brojimh

Bronze
Aug 1, 2007
Morris, AL
I got the invisible shield and never looked back. It is the very best product out there and has a lifetime guarantee against not only tears but even scratches! NO OTHER one gives that.

I read some of the bad reviews and it was stuff that they "heard" or "read somewhere" or "someone told me" and the other was just misconceptions.

I have the Invisible Shield on every piece of electronics I own and have NEVER been sorry--also I have NEVER had a scratch on any of it!

Surely if the military uses it to protect their helicopter blades and it has a lifetime guarantee it is good enough for me.

greenjbhsd

Silver
Jul 13, 2007
I used the invisible shield and it worked well until I noticed that dust was migrating under it (there was no visible space once it was installed). Once I saw that happening I just said screw it and went naked. I still have a microfiber pouch that I put it in while I am not really using it, otherwise it is on my desk or in my pocket and, well, that is it.

brojimh

Bronze
Aug 1, 2007
Morris, AL
I used the invisible shield and it worked well until I noticed that dust was migrating under it (there was no visible space once it was installed). Once I saw that happening I just said screw it and went naked. I still have a microfiber pouch that I put it in while I am not really using it, otherwise it is on my desk or in my pocket and, well, that is it.
wow--I've never seen that. On anything (and I have about 8 things with it on there). I'm going to have to pay closer attention to that.

It's the first time I've heard of it.

pkells1

Aug 9, 2007
invisibleshields are good protectors but i do have a few concerns. they don't offer a replacement for installation mishaps (and rightly so) but once you put it on there and it dries, even part way, it's on there forever. unless you want to try your chances at stretching it out then putting it back on with a snakeskin effect in certain spots. also don't go too wild with whatever you're using to push the bubbles out from underneath it with, i snagged the shield once on a bubble in the middle of the screen and the stupid imperfection won't go away. it fits pretty good although i couldn't get the back to line up for the life of me so it's a little off center of the camera which looks kind of nasty, and the corners are a pain to get to stick. also, it's not really invisible, it's got a sort of rippled look to it. so i don't completely understand why they call it invisibleshield, when they should just call it clearshield. if you do order it watch the video on the site of the installation onto an ipod, sadly the video offers tips not mentioned in the actual instructions. there are a few lines running through the screen parallel with the headset speaker that are very visible when tilted back and forth (like a hologram). but all in all i'm satisfied with the protection i get from the back. that's why i ordered some regular screen protectors for the front which are reusable and washable (hopefully i can't mess those up) and invisible ;).

p.s. i don't know who else has this product but when i was installing the small pieces on to the top and bottom chrome sections they were obviously TOO SHORT for the part they were meant for which really pissed me off. i had to push the middles toward the front of the phone and the sides to the back just to keep the corners from coming above the side and onto the face of the phone:(. did this also happen to you or was mine defective?

akaremo44

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
Getting a Replacement

I purchased the invisishield when I first got my iPhone and had it on for the past 6 weeks. I somehow got some scratches on it, probably from sand, as I work outside and it is constantly being pulled out of it's pouch with my dirty hands. Called Shield Zone and they are sending me a replacement. I aslo ordered 2 others for my wife and son plus one for my Macbook. I love the it and is the only one I would buy to protect my products.
Good luck on finding the right protection fo yours, hope this helps.

brojimh

Bronze
Aug 1, 2007
Morris, AL
pkells1:
sounds like you may have gotten a bad one. I ordered two and neither of mine were anything like that.

btw, it doesn't go over the chrome bezel, it does not provide protection for that by design.

pkells1

Aug 9, 2007
are you sure you have two of them? because mine came with separate pieces that cover the top and bottom of the bezel while the back piece covers the sides of the bezel......

dagoo98

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
I bought the powersupport crystal film from the Apple store and I think its great. No one can even tell that there is a protector on it and the screen is much easier to clean and it doesn't get as dirty.

There is a reason why this product was sold out for the first two weeks of the iPhone release.

greenjbhsd

Silver
Jul 13, 2007
I bought the powersupport crystal film from the Apple store and I think its great. No one can even tell that there is a protector on it and the screen is much easier to clean and it doesn't get as dirty.

There is a reason why this product was sold out for the first two weeks of the iPhone release.

Ah hell, you saying this just made me remember. I got these and not the invisible shield one. I was incorrect in saying that dust migrated under the invisible shield. I should have said dust migrated under the crystal film. I do agree you could not even tell it was on there. After a week of using that film and no case and putting it in my pocket there was dust under the film. That was the end of that.....

brojimh

Bronze
Aug 1, 2007
Morris, AL
are you sure you have two of them? because mine came with separate pieces that cover the top and bottom of the bezel while the back piece covers the sides of the bezel......
No, I don't have to have two of them--I ordered two (by accident--long story;)) So, I just happen to have two--which works out well if I ever mess mine up by getting paint or something like that on it (I say something on it because if it was a scratch or tear I would just use the Lifetime Guarantee and get a new one)

They all come with two pieces (really six if you count the teardrop corner covers)

I was just saying that the chrome bezel isn't covered by the skin--they designed it that way.

Shunoo

Aug 14, 2007
Ah hell, you saying this just made me remember. I got these and not the invisible shield one. I was incorrect in saying that dust migrated under the invisible shield. I should have said dust migrated under the crystal film. I do agree you could not even tell it was on there. After a week of using that film and no case and putting it in my pocket there was dust under the film. That was the end of that.....
The thing that gets me that.. doesn't it use static to get on there? So why can't you just take it off, remove the dust and reapply? Or can you not do that?

brojimh

Bronze
Aug 1, 2007
Morris, AL
I was wondering how dust got under the Invisible Shield because all of mine are skin/water/air tight!

The crystal thing I can see doing that since it is not "sealed" but more "static."

greenjbhsd

Silver
Jul 13, 2007
The thing that gets me that.. doesn't it use static to get on there? So why can't you just take it off, remove the dust and reapply? Or can you not do that?
While it is held on via static I have yet to figure out how to clean it to the point that it is pristine again. I think that is where the fault lies with it. I did apply it in a pharmaceutical clean room that was class 100 with HEPA filtration wearing latex gloves. The screen was cleaned many times in that environment so I know that I did not introduce dust/debris onto it. The first one I applied I touched the bottom of and with a clean sterile powder free glove it left a mark.

That one I put on anyway and could see it, it bugged me, I attempted to clean it, no luck. All efforts to clean it made it more dirty. I started with water, then a surfactant and water, finally alcohol. I was also using no-lint sterile cheese cloth as my drying device. The alcohol just used the laminar air from the filtration system. The second I did get on with nothing to make it look bad, but from there I could not figure out why the dust made itsway under, well, maybe pocket lint is the better term, and there was no way to clean it. So in the garbage they went.

brojimh

Bronze
Aug 1, 2007
Morris, AL
bummer!

try the invisible shield--I just applied mine at my desk at work--I don't have access to your kind of stuff and it's been fine.

No dust and easily cleaned.

Shunoo

Aug 14, 2007
bummer!

try the invisible shield--I just applied mine at my desk at work--I don't have access to your kind of stuff and it's been fine.

No dust and easily cleaned.
But don't you have to let your phone dry for 48 hours?

I can't go without my phone even for a day. All businesss.

pkells1

Aug 9, 2007
No, I don't have to have two of them--I ordered two (by accident--long story;)) So, I just happen to have two--which works out well if I ever mess mine up by getting paint or something like that on it (I say something on it because if it was a scratch or tear I would just use the Lifetime Guarantee and get a new one)

They all come with two pieces (really six if you count the teardrop corner covers)

I was just saying that the chrome bezel isn't covered by the skin--they designed it that way.

that's weird i must have got the new model then because mine came with 8 pieces. are you sure you got the right one? could someone else clear this up?
peace

brojimh

Bronze
Aug 1, 2007
Morris, AL
But don't you have to let your phone dry for 48 hours?

I can't go without my phone even for a day. All businesss.
No, it takes it 24 hours to cure and be completely dry but it is usable immediately after you put it on.

It will have a few air/water bubbles in it that will dry over that 24 hr. period.