Bronze
Sep 16, 2007
Which is the best one to buy?

I've seen quite a few around, and most if not all of them are $15

I appreciate the help. :cool:

greenjbhsd

Silver
Jul 13, 2007
On XP I also went with iPhoneringtonemaker. Granted it has some issues with the current version of iTunes and renaming of custom tones or whatever, but still, it gets the job done.

antithetic

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
DIY. :laugh2:

Audacity to trim the song.
iTunes to convert to AAC.
AtomicParsely to add the correct 'stik' ATOM to the file.

Re-Import and Sync. :cool:

akophone

Bronze
Aug 1, 2007
Or to make it so that they will not get deleted with the now frequent iTunes updates, just drag and drop your ringtones (SSH, etc.) where your stock ringtone directory resides. Mine were mp3 files and have been unaffected by these last few updates ;)

greenjbhsd

Silver
Jul 13, 2007
Or to make it so that they will not get deleted with the now frequent iTunes updates, just drag and drop your ringtones (SSH, etc.) where your stock ringtone directory resides. Mine were mp3 files and have been unaffected by these last few updates ;)
What are you using, iBrickr with a file management utility or something? Or is it built into that program? I am considering going down this road at some point as well.

akophone

Bronze
Aug 1, 2007
What are you using, iBrickr with a file management utility or something? Or is it built into that program? I am considering going down this road at some point as well.
You have to do it via SSH. I'm on a Mac but it's basically the same. First install AppTapp here:
http://iPhone.nullriver.com/beta/

Once you have the Installer app in your phone, then install Community Sources. In your iPhone, install BSD Subsystem and OpenSSH. Now install your favorite FTP program on your pc.
Create a new SFTP, entering your iPhone IP address when prompted.
Enter port 22
Name is root
password is dottie.
Once connected, go to ~Library/Ringtones
Drag your edited ringtones here. I know they are ".mp4" but all my ringtones are mp3 format but they all work for me.
Good luck!;)

As always, use at your own risk.

Shotta876

Bronze
Sep 16, 2007
Yeah, I've got Windows..

I used the one offered on this site (trial) and the 3 free ringtones that I made have perfect quality. I heard something about the new update for iTunes blocking ringtones.. is this one blocked as well?