Best data plan

Discussion in 'iPhone 5' started by cheekymeeko, Sep 6, 2012.

1. cheekymeeko

cheekymeeko Member
    Bronze

Hi what is the best unlimited data plan ( talk, text, etc.) for the new iPhone 5 coming out. I'm using metropcs unlimited and currently living in the NY Tristate ---Queens. If I could help it would like to not have a contract, but rather just pay for the phone and monthly like I do with metropcs. I'm reading about people switching sims cards and such. My brother has a 4s and would give it to me, but I kind of want to try getting the newer phone if I can. Please any advice would be much appreciated.

2. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

well the only unlimited no throttle plan left is Sprint
    That said they just now started to roll out LTE
    So it all depends what you want
    It is at the moment fast speed vs. unlimited data
    All carriers offer no contract options if you buy a phone with no contract
    Sprint phones have no sim so are not interchangeable
    they run on CDMA network

3. fury

fury Evangelist
    Gold

T-mobile just announced a (mostly) unlimited data plan. It's unlimited while on T-mobile's network, and you get 50mb of roaming on other networks. Not sure what they do to you after that 50mb of roaming.

http://deals.t-mobile.com/unlimited-data-plan

I don't know if you can attach this to a prepaid plan, but you can attach it to a "bring your own phone" plan, which still requires the 2 year contract and ETF for some reason.

Whether it would work with an iPhone depends on whether T-mobile has installed 1900mhz HSPA+ in your area. I don't know of a way to look that up on any sort of coverage map.

4. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

I've heard sprint has horrible coverage and it isn't getting better anytime soon. I also heard that sprint will get rid of unlimited data very soon. Just something I heard ;)

5. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

fury I did look at t-mobil and the plans I looked at had throttle disclaimers (small print of course)
    Rugaby I figure they would adventuelly go away from unlimited but wondering of I was getting it now? Does Sprint not grandfather plans? Perhaps throttling is not really a threat there for long time Sprint costumers LOL
    I do have an LTE tower 1 mile away from my house and one more 4 miles away
    I happen to live in the Baltimore area which Sprint is build out very well

6. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

Sprint does grandfather plans only till you make any change on your plan. It could be as simple as adding paperless to your account and they will get rid of your grandfathered plans. No telling you either. Throttling is already occurring for sprint customers. It is in the form of network vision upgrades.

7. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

Rugaby so it seems it is one of the good to to be true deals
    Sprint LTE is running on 1/2 the spectrum of AT&T and Verizon anyway
    actually that seems wrong more spectrum but 1/2 as fast

8. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

The only reason sprint still says "unlimited data" is because it is the only thing it has to offer over other carriers. It's going to go away. It's super slow speeds as it is now.

9. Albertoz1226

Albertoz1226 New Member

You have to love these haters! Sprint is great and they are not getting rid of their unlimited plan anytime soon. I have a cousin that works for corporate and he says they are staying unlimited for a long time. And remember sprint has had commercials for this for yrs. even when Verizon had unlimited. I even have a 20% off discount, off your monthly bill I could give u to make your bill even cheaper. People should just talk about what they have and not what they wish They had! Haters got to love them..

10. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

Everybody has a cousin who works for corporate.

Only 20% not very much when just being a credit union member gives you 30%

11. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

Rugaby I love ya !

12. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

Is it my wit? Or the fact I call people stupid with out actually saying the words? Either way I love ya back. Nice to see everyone again.

13. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

Na I love ya because you are the only man I know here at ICE who calls himself sexy and good looking!
    And even if we disagree we are not rude to each other!

14. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

I am never rude to anyone. Sarcastic as all get up but not rude lol
    In all honesty I'm not even sarcastic. My sense of humor is just too advanced for most lol.
    :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List