Best double album ever?

Dec 10, 2009
Clarksburg, WV
Good one, Scott!
A close second for me.
My #1 has to be:

re2u7eje.jpg

Tour video from the Powerslave show that was recorded in Long Beach, arguably one of the best live metal shows:

emuma7y6.jpg

I was in the crowd that night, 5th row!

8e7a5eru.jpg

Under the "A" in Maiden, below the fan raising right fist and above guy near bottom in the brown shirt. I'm facing camera left, black sleeveless t-shirt.

To be up fromt at that show, as it was recorded and actually wind up in the video, a priceless memory 4 sure!

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
snowtrooper1966 That is nothing but pure awesomeness! And I thought interaction with Alex Lifeson front row in Orlando @ The second leg of Rush's Time Machine Tour was cool. LOL
Best I've got is a few YouTube fan videos, from nose bleed seats, of that show :-(

Sent using iCafe app

Santa

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 2, 2009
Colorado, USA
Kinda cheating because it's 3 disks, but pick any 2 and it still wins for me:

61raq7PQt-L.jpg

Dec 10, 2009
Clarksburg, WV
snowtrooper1966 That is nothing but pure awesomeness! And I thought interaction with Alex Lifeson front row in Orlando @ The second leg of Rush's Time Machine Tour was cool. LOL
Best I've got is a few YouTube fan videos, from nose bleed seats, of that show :-(

Sent using iCafe app
Interaction with one of your musical heroes is killer too. Have had acknowledgement from Peart a few shows when air drumming madly in step with crazy drum beats.

Funny thing about the Maiden Powerslave show in Long Beach, when I first got down to the floor, I was mad that there was a 15 foot wide camera dolly track in front of the stage, so I was further back than I would have been if they were not recording video...
Also, that screen cap I stumbled upon when doing a goggle image search for the album covers.
I've seen myself in the videos, but to have that particular grab with me smack in the middle pop up was cool. Too bad the quality was crap....

jmp316

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 10, 2008
Smashing Pumpkins - Mellon Collie and Infinite Sadness

Beatles - White Album

Pink Floyd - The Wall

Kadelic

Genius
Gold
Jan 4, 2010
Dallas, TX
Smashing Pumpkins - Mellon Collie and Infinite Sadness

Beatles - White Album

Pink Floyd - The Wall
I wholeheartedly agree with these three, though in no particular order. If I had to pick one right now I'd go with Smashing Pumpkins, tomorrow maybe Pink Floyd, the next day probably The Beatles.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
Until Jack Johnson comes out with a double album, I'll go with Pink Floyd'sThe Wall.