Best Ear Phones For iPhone 3G?

iCafe

Dec 11, 2007
www.wwtdd.com
I'm looking for the best earphones for my iPhone 3G. What should i get? My budget is about 100 dollars and i don't want the old iPhone earphone style. Will those work correctly due to the fact that this jack is not going to be recessed?

Last edited by a moderator:

minivini

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
What's your budget? There's everything from $10 iBud knockoffs, to $500+ true audiophile quality inner ear monitors that are iPhone compatible. I'm a huge Ultimate Ears fan. I've currently got an older set of UE Metro prototypes that are decent. I think you can still find those on Amazon (not sure though) for under $50. I also have a set of UE Super.fi 4vi that are pretty nice, too. Good sound reproduction. A little less than $150, I think. Just recently got a set of Triple.fi with a special iPhone cord. Now, THESE are stupidly fantastic. Around $450, but you get a set of three armature drivers in each ear inside an acoustically tuned enclosure. This would be in the level of "the best". Beyond this, you'd have to look into custom fitted inner ear monitor (like musicians use on stage). The Triple.fi is the same unit, but is a universal fit. The cost more than doubles for a custom fitted set...

iCafe

Dec 11, 2007
www.wwtdd.com
ok im getting the V-Moda Vibe Duo
i hope they work good with the 3g
and i hope that vmoda doesn't come out
with better earphones for the release
and i hope that i can clip my toe nails
with my finger nail clipper because
i cant find my toe nail clipper
and im not sure if my finger nail clipper
is strong enough
because
i have strong toe nails

Aug 30, 2007
Ohio
The iPhone compatible connectors will almost certainly work with the new non-recessed socket. The 'compatibility' after all, is just a narrower casing on the jack. So pretty much the world is your oyster - pick any earphone with a 3.5mm jack that sounds good to you, it will fit.

Last edited by a moderator:

iCafe

Dec 11, 2007
www.wwtdd.com
The iPhone compatible connectors will almost certainly work with the new non-recessed socket. The 'compatibility' after all, is just a narrower casing on the jack. So pretty much the world is your oyster - pick any earphone with a 3.5mm jack that sounds good to you, it will fit.
yeah but if i get the V-Moda Vibe Duo will it stick out akwardly long //?

atldvd

Bronze
Jan 8, 2008
N.E. Oklahoma
yeah but if i get the V-Moda Vibe Duo will it stick out akwardly long //?
No, it won't. It will look and work fine. I have these headphones and I like them a lot. They sound great and they don't hurt my ears. BUT, if you research the user reviews on sites such as Apple.com, you'll see a huge number of people who bought these and they broke after a fairly short while. I bought them anyway because I reasoned that I would be giving them very light use compared to the average user. So far so good. But if you think you'll be giving them normal-to-above normal levels of usage, you might regret purchasing these.

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
One thing you always gotta watch out for is whether or not the mic button will also control the iPod. You usually have to email the manufacturer and specifically ask.

Nemss316

Bronze
Jun 17, 2008
St. Louis, MO
I just picked up a set of Bose earbuds online for $99.00 even off of Amazon. My buddy has purchased them, and I got to hear them, and even though the buds are pricey, the sound quality is amazing.