Best free software for getting music off iPod to iTunes.

Discussion in 'iPod Classic' started by gkf9, Sep 5, 2009.

1. gkf9

gkf9 Member
    Bronze

Has above my Hard drive died on my Mac last week, and now I'm up and running again, Whats the best free software for getting it back in iTunes?

Thanks for any help.

2. danipoak

danipoak Member
    Silver

I use this It isn't free but it does have a 30 day trial and that should be enough time to get the music off of your ipod. This is another one to look at. I've only heard of it. Don't know anything about it.

3. Saturngoddess

Saturngoddess New Member

What about for getting music off Ipod to a Windows based computer? I need something quick.

4. danipoak

danipoak Member
    Silver

Try this.

5. iNinja

iNinja Zealot
    Gold

Use iFunbox - its free too

6. BrownGem

BrownGem Zealot
    Gold

I was going to suggest ifunbox too but I thought it only worked on the iPhone and ipod touch....not other pods?

7. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I tried iFunBox, just to test it. It didn't work. Tansee is good, but it's not free.

8. BrownGem

BrownGem Zealot
    Gold

WOW it didn't work? Guess I will stop recommending it. Free was just too good to be true. Tansee is worth it if you don't want to lose all of your music. Thanks Europa.

9. Saturngoddess

Saturngoddess New Member

Moving music from a Mac based Ipod to a Windows PC

Okay, I need help. My eyes are going buggy trying to figure this out.

DD was trying to move music from her friends PC onto her Ipod. Unfortunately, she transferred them, NOT copied them, so her friend needs the music back.

We transferred everything to our MAC using Senuti (best Mac based transfer software available IMO). However, we are trying to move the music back to her friends PC.

Is there any software than can do this? Her friend wants her music back!

Thanks..

10. seanwes

seanwes Zealot
    Gold

On an iPod, it's really easy to do with a Windows computer without software. Just open up the iPod in My Computer, make sure you have hidden system files set to show, and system files unhidden, and then a new folder will appear. Just open that, and then go to the music folder (still on the iPod). You will see all of you music in folders in either .mp3 or .m4a format. Just copy onto your computer and you're good to go.

11. Saturngoddess

Saturngoddess New Member

Where do I find these files on the Ipod. I'm trying to transfer into iTunes - can I transfer them from the folder into iTunes?

12. seanwes

seanwes Zealot
    Gold

Transfer them from the folder on the iPod to a folder on your computer. Then transfer them from the folder on your computer into iTunes.

13. JTProuhet

JTProuhet New Member

How do you get the hidden system files set to show? what do you have to click on?

14. seanwes

seanwes Zealot
    Gold

Welcome to eiC JT.

It's different for different operating systems. Do a quick google search for: show hidden system files vista

or search:

show hidden system files xp

15. JTProuhet

JTProuhet New Member

Alright so i am trying this now on, and i got some folders from the ipod to copy to my computer, no it is saying that the parameter is incorrect.. what does that mean? Thanks

16. No u don't need iTunes to charge an ipod
    as long as u have a charge cord to an ipod then just pug it in to a usb port

17. alexdwsn12

alexdwsn12 Guest

iFunBox is the best option for it. It contains many great features and functionalities. It is very effective and easy to use. So, it will be nice choice for it.

18. Lon

Lon Evangelist
    Gold

Thanks sean. FYI, It doesn't seem to work on Windows 7 and the iPhone 4 though.

19. KeziaPurrs

KeziaPurrs Member
    Bronze

Do these methods work for playlists? I had to reinstall windows and had my music backed up but the playlists aren't there.

Sent from iPad Mini-Me using iCafe app