Best free software for getting music off iPod to iTunes.

gkf9

Bronze
Oct 8, 2008
Has above my Hard drive died on my Mac last week, and now I'm up and running again, Whats the best free software for getting it back in iTunes?

Thanks for any help.

danipoak

Silver
Dec 13, 2007
Not Alaska
Has above my Hard drive died on my Mac last week, and now I'm up and running again, Whats the best free software for getting it back in iTunes?

Thanks for any help.
I use this It isn't free but it does have a 30 day trial and that should be enough time to get the music off of your ipod. This is another one to look at. I've only heard of it. Don't know anything about it.

BrownGem

Zealot
Gold
Feb 27, 2009
Texas
WOW it didn't work? Guess I will stop recommending it. Free was just too good to be true. Tansee is worth it if you don't want to lose all of your music. Thanks Europa.

Moving music from a Mac based Ipod to a Windows PC

Okay, I need help. My eyes are going buggy trying to figure this out.

DD was trying to move music from her friends PC onto her Ipod. Unfortunately, she transferred them, NOT copied them, so her friend needs the music back.

We transferred everything to our MAC using Senuti (best Mac based transfer software available IMO). However, we are trying to move the music back to her friends PC.

Is there any software than can do this? Her friend wants her music back!

Thanks..

seanwes

Zealot
Gold
Feb 13, 2008
San Antonio, TX
On an iPod, it's really easy to do with a Windows computer without software. Just open up the iPod in My Computer, make sure you have hidden system files set to show, and system files unhidden, and then a new folder will appear. Just open that, and then go to the music folder (still on the iPod). You will see all of you music in folders in either .mp3 or .m4a format. Just copy onto your computer and you're good to go.

On an iPod, it's really easy to do with a Windows computer without software. Just open up the iPod in My Computer, make sure you have hidden system files set to show, and system files unhidden, and then a new folder will appear. Just open that, and then go to the music folder (still on the iPod). You will see all of you music in folders in either .mp3 or .m4a format. Just copy onto your computer and you're good to go.
Where do I find these files on the Ipod. I'm trying to transfer into iTunes - can I transfer them from the folder into iTunes?

JTProuhet

Dec 8, 2009
Transfer them from the folder on the iPod to a folder on your computer. Then transfer them from the folder on your computer into iTunes.
Alright so i am trying this now on, and i got some folders from the ipod to copy to my computer, no it is saying that the parameter is incorrect.. what does that mean? Thanks

L

linaelectronic

No u don't need iTunes to charge an ipod
as long as u have a charge cord to an ipod then just pug it in to a usb port

A

alexdwsn12

iFunBox is the best option for it. It contains many great features and functionalities. It is very effective and easy to use. So, it will be nice choice for it.

Lon

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 5, 2010
Alaska
Thanks sean. FYI, It doesn't seem to work on Windows 7 and the iPhone 4 though.