Best games for iPhone are free, yeah, free!

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
Aurora Feint and Cube Runner, the only 2 games I play even though I bought all the headliners >.<

Aurora Feint reminds of Warcraft in that if Warcraft were a puzzle game, this would be it. Its your typical 3-match puzzle game, essentially the Panel de Pon/Tetris Attack/Puzzle League engine with an RPG element and accelerometer twist for changing the playfield's orientation.

The RPG element adds longevity to the game, I'm sure once you're maxed out you'll lose interest, however getting to "end game" is always a fun grind with these types of game engines.

The production value is extremely professional, rivaling even Blizzard's level of quality. I'm willing to bet the two devs behind this were heavily inspired by Blizzard.

--

Cube Runner is your classic "Cave" game in 3d, however in this case its blocks you're avoiding. While not as visually appealing as most games on the AppStore, the simplicity lends itself well to the games premise, dodge and weave.

Users can construct their own level packs, and share them, however I've yet to try this feature out, I've been having fun with the stock level packs at the moment.

The game is accelerometer based, and I recommend playing it in landscape mode with just tilting the iPhone left and right on the Y axis, not the Z axis which would be away from you, i.e. like a steering wheel :)

--

Lastly, if I were to recommend a payware game, its Trism, and not just because I'm in the credits :p

The Apple

Zealot
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
Indiana
Aurora Feint......yeah, ten thumbs up. This could have easily been a quality paid app. TAKE ADVANTAGE PEOPLE! Being free is sweet, especially for a game of this quality.

cdbformula

Bronze
Jan 6, 2008
i agree it took a few turns to get used to but now it kicks butt

Owgasm

Bronze
Jul 12, 2008
What about cube runner :)

I LOVE IT :D
Can get very addictive, you can't stop.

uPhone559

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
cube runner is gone from the app store?

Jimmer54

Apr 30, 2008
I have yet to find Cube Runner at the Apps store - if anyone knows where it is or what happened to it, pls post.
thanks,
Jim

Jimmer54

Apr 30, 2008
A day late or a dollar short...it's just how I roll.

Owgasm

Bronze
Jul 12, 2008
good thing i got it asap :p
I think it will cost soon.

If i sync or udpate my iPhone will it be deleted as its no longer available? Or as its in my account i have it forever until deleted?