Best "Grocery List" app?

Zanthe

#apple
Gold
Aug 9, 2007
I've looked at a ton of apps which are suppose to be grocery lists but can't find one that many think are worth much.

Anybody have/use one that they think is a good one worth buying? Seems it would be useful to keep track of stuff you need over the days between trips to the dreaded grocery store. :sneaky:

iBanana

Silver
Jan 15, 2010
United States
i use shop shop. its free. it remembers what you have had on your list before so instead of readding it everytime you go shopping you can just really reload the same list over and over. it has a badge on the app to show you how many things are unpurchased and as you add things to your cart you just tap the item on the list and it puts a line through it.

The Apple

Zealot
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
Indiana
I use Zenbe. My wife also has it, so whenever we add something to the list we sync to the server and both of us have it. We use the list app for other stuff too.

MrMike6by9

Evangelist
Gold
Nov 16, 2008
Maryland, USA
I really like Listomni. It's very customizable with room for notes, comments, pricing, etc. on items and a large dictionary of items & stores that you can also customize.

YMMV

Zanthe

#apple
Gold
Aug 9, 2007
i use shop shop. its free. it remembers what you have had on your list before so instead of readding it everytime you go shopping you can just really reload the same list over and over. it has a badge on the app to show you how many things are unpurchased and as you add things to your cart you just tap the item on the list and it puts a line through it.
I dunno...can't find it.

I put "shop shop" into the search and get these:

• Red Laser
  • pic2shop
  • Shopper
  • ..and some game
Is there a better description of the name? This one sounds interesting!

Zanthe

#apple
Gold
Aug 9, 2007
I use Zenbe. My wife also has it, so whenever we add something to the list we sync to the server and both of us have it. We use the list app for other stuff too.
Thisd one also looks like it ahs potential although I already have "ToDo" (which is a great ToDo app) and could just as easily use that one I think. But I want something that specifically deals with grocery lists which I think this one does. Thanks, I'll look at it some more.

Zanthe

#apple
Gold
Aug 9, 2007
I really like Listomni. It's very customizable with room for notes, comments, pricing, etc. on items and a large dictionary of items & stores that you can also customize.

YMMV
Thanks. Another interesting one. Has way more than I need but has lots of potential.

iBanana

Silver
Jan 15, 2010
United States
I dunno...can't find it.

I put "shop shop" into the search and get these:

• Red Laser
  • pic2shop
  • Shopper
  • ..and some game
Is there a better description of the name? This one sounds interesting!
in the app store search 'shopshop' no space.

Zanthe

#apple
Gold
Aug 9, 2007
app store is touchy sometimes!

i am glad you found it!
Question though...I don't seem to have "setting" button? Shouldn't there be one?

pradley

Bronze
Oct 20, 2008
SplashShopper, I have used it for years. It is not free, but it is customizable, and the grocery list comes with a whole set of typical grocery items to which you can add freely.

Zanthe

#apple
Gold
Aug 9, 2007
SplashShopper, I have used it for years. It is not free, but it is customizable, and the grocery list comes with a whole set of typical grocery items to which you can add freely.
Thanks. Gonna check that one out too! :eek:k:eek:k

kalperin

Feb 4, 2010
I'm definitely biased because i wrote it, but check out GroceryList. I call it "the fastest way to create your grocery list" and it costs $4.99 . Definitely let me know what you think, i'm eager for feedback!

Zanthe

#apple
Gold
Aug 9, 2007
I'm definitely biased because i wrote it, but check out GroceryList. I call it "the fastest way to create your grocery list" and it costs $4.99 . Definitely let me know what you think, i'm eager for feedback!
Well it certaily looks nice. Brand new so no reviews. $4.99...hmmm...kinda pricey. (I'm so cheap) :sneaky:

I'll keep my eye on it and maybe will buy it after some feedback. Like I said it sure looks nice! Thank you for pointing this out to me.

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
I like Groceries. Really nice looking UI, and easy to use. It doesn't use brand names - which some might miss, but I never remember anyway - but just generic terms like 'orange juice', which I find much easier to work with.

Works well in practice too - my daughter works the list for us while we whiz around a large supermarket, and it cuts down our shopping time nicely.

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Grocery list apps are probably my most practical of all apps. I use it every weekend. It has made compiling a grocery list a breeze. I use paid apps, Grocery IQ, and Grocery Gadget.

Zanthe

#apple
Gold
Aug 9, 2007
WOW so many choices. I decided the iTunes "search" feature sucks.

Thanks for all the additional recommendations. I'm gonna have to part with $5 I guess. :dft008:surprised