Best hard drive for my MacBook Pro?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Veevee, Nov 4, 2014.

1. Veevee

Veevee New Member

I'm looking to back up my macbook onto a hard drive ( my music and pictures mostly) and also need to transfer just my pictures and music from one mac to the other as well as backing up my new mac ... which hard drive is best for my macbook pro- a portable or external ? also is any brand in specific to get? what would u recommend and not recommend .. thanks!

2. bballrob

bballrob Genius
    Gold

Aren't these the same?

3. Veevee

Veevee New Member

No I read there's a difference but I'm not familiar with computers much so Im asking

4. silvermoon

silvermoon Evangelist
    Gold

You can just use an external hard drive which will plug in via USB. Seagate makes a Backup Plus Slim in a 1TB and 2TB. Western Digital has one with built in security. Portable is external as the other kind would be internal.

5. llrickman

llrickman Contributor
    Silver

My 1 and 2tb my books are external hd. I have a small hd 500 or so gb that is solid state that is portable

I think that may be what the op meant

I wouldn't wanna be carrying around those my books as they are kinda big plus they have a standard hard drive which would be much easier to corrupt if your moving it around all the time

But I have had them for sometime. I really wanna get a large sshd for my MacBook for backups but they are still pricey