Best headphones for iPad?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

BoLoThaBeAR

Bronze
Mar 9, 2012
I'm looking for a pair of headphones for my iPad. Is there a general consensus on which are the best headphones for iPad?

iphoneint

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
I would suggest you take a look at the V-Moda headphones the LP-2 would probably fit the bill if you are looking at the Beats, and in my opinion they are better. If you want something more portable they sell the M80 on ear ones, but they also do not have as much bass emphasis as the LP-2s, that is not saying it does not have good bass though. They are other comparable headphones in that price range as well, but these are fairly competitive and easily driven by the iPhone and iPad.

|3are

Silver
Jun 13, 2008
Texas
Be prepared to get ridiculed by anyone who takes audio seriously (myself included) if you get a set of Beats. There are some amazing sets of cans for $400, but none of them are Beats. Even if you like bass -- the mainstream ear is attracted to Beats for this -- there are better headphones to be had at half the price.

A lot of audiophiles suggest the Audio-Technica ATH-M50 to people considering Beats. A friend of mine had a set of M50s until they wore out and loved them. I then suggested the new Shure over-the-ear sets to him -- the SRH-840, I believe -- and he likes them as well. I have the SRH-750DJ cans just because I listen to a lot of electronic music lately.

I also recommend Shure, Ultimate Ears and Etymotic for in-ear/earbud options.

Mar 31, 2012
I'm on a never ending search for headphones/earbuds. Right now I'm testing out the Jaybird Freedom Bluetooth earbuds and they sound pretty good, especially for Bluetooth. I also have the Bose MIE2i's which are good as well. Sennheiser MM 400's for headphones.

zorrofox

Apr 8, 2012
I'm currently having most success with my Sennheiser PX100 II. The iPad (and iPhone 4S) don't seem to have any trouble driving them to acceptable levels but the Apple "sound" leaves a lot to be desired. Still, it's good enough for the odd podcast now & again.

wenxin

Jan 9, 2012
:) Do you mean iPad 2 or the new iPad 3? i tried a few kinds of headphones for my iPad 2, but now i apply Bluetooth for my iPad 3...i think it's really great!

love_2012

Jan 9, 2012
:) Do you mean iPad 2 or the new iPad 3? i tried a few kinds of headphones for my iPad 2, but now i apply Bluetooth for my iPad 3...i think it's really great!
it's great; but i wonder if you can teach me to distinguish the differences between the iPad 2 or iPad 3 headphones? or does they are the same? i also want to buy a headphone for my ipad 3, so can you give me some advice?thank you very much!

zorrofox

Apr 8, 2012
it's great; but i wonder if you can teach me to distinguish the differences between the iPad 2 or iPad 3 headphones? or does they are the same? i also want to buy a headphone for my ipad 3, so can you give me some advice?thank you very much!
I've never heard an iPad 2 via headphones but I'd be very surprised if it sounds even slightly different to the New iPad. There's no point in spending a fortune as higher quality headphones only serve to highlight the flaws of the audio output stage. I personally wouldn't spend more than around £40 - 50. It's a pretty neutral sound but just a tad biased to the treble range. There's also the option of Bluetooth but you'll need to wait for someone more knowledgeable than me for help there.

Good luck.

Shan S.

Oct 23, 2011
I have been using the Motorola S9 and Motorola S9-HD for a couple of years now. The S9's are a great set of blue tooth headphones with good range .

Here is the link for the S9-hd which is a couple years old but in all reviews they have always done well, and have a really good sound quality.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=01KKVTGMTCYCH0FR4VJD

They have have been replaced by the S10-HD. I have not tried those yet, but most reviews I have read say the S9 series is still better sounding.

http://www.amazon.com/Motorola-S10-...s-Packaging/dp/B004BHCSQC/ref=dp_ob_title_def

MJCrz

May 9, 2012
Chicago, IL.
Only use the headset that was made by Apple or bluetooth plantronics. As far as for music, i just use bose. It really is up for a user of iPad users or iPhone which one they are more comfy using on headsets or headphones on.

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
I have the Incase Sonic headphones. They are incredibly comfortable and the sound quality is excellent to my ears - even better than a pair of B&W P5s I used to have, which cost twice as much.

If you do go for the Beats, be careful of where you buy them. There are companies out there who focus on making fake versions that look 100% like the real versions on the outside. In fact, some of them even market them as fake Beats and still charge a lot for them, which I will never understand. Buy them from an authorized retailer only if you want the real thing.

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
I use V-Moda's Vibrato earbuds and I LOVE them! I recently got a new pair last week that replaced the Maker's (TrueBlood branded Vibratos) I had because they broke down. V-Moda is really good about their warranty and customer service. They absolutely stand behind their products.

The earbuds are comfortable and you can barely feel them when they're in your ears. It's almost as if you're in a dream and the music just comes on and fills your ears with wonderful smooth melody. I love the bass and the crispness of these. Everything I listen to sounds awesome.

There is a three button mic for pausing a song, answering a call (when I use them with my iPhone of course - no calls on the iPad) and lowering and raising the volume. I can also use the center button to get Siri's attention when I need her to read a new text, answer the text or anythig she does.

I love these earbuds and will always buy from V-Moda. They have excellent products and customer service.

vibrato_hero_layout_bbg_web_shop.jpg

Geo

Bronze
Mar 9, 2008
a pair of v-Moda which I bought for my iPhone 3GS originally.
Also a Bose Qc-15.
Aahhhhhhh....quiet

Jim tig

Nov 9, 2012
If you like BASS and ear bud types Amazon sells a Sony gold colored, model number MDR-XB60EX for about $40 ' I usually do not like "bud style" but these are such a odd ball well engineered shape they actually stay in my head . Highs are pretty good also, I was very impressed, they don't have the amount of bass my pair of "Skull Candy" with powered sub woofer but what do you want.

Sent using iCafe app

Je2180

Bronze
Jul 15, 2010
New York
I use V-Moda's Vibrato earbuds and I LOVE them! I recently got a new pair last week that replaced the Maker's (TrueBlood branded Vibratos) I had because they broke down. V-Moda is really good about their warranty and customer service. They absolutely stand behind their products.

The earbuds are comfortable and you can barely feel them when they're in your ears. It's almost as if you're in a dream and the music just comes on and fills your ears with wonderful smooth melody. I love the bass and the crispness of these. Everything I listen to sounds awesome.

There is a three button mic for pausing a song, answering a call (when I use them with my iPhone of course - no calls on the iPad) and lowering and raising the volume. I can also use the center button to get Siri's attention when I need her to read a new text, answer the text or anythig she does.

I love these earbuds and will always buy from V-Moda. They have excellent products and customer service.

vibrato_hero_layout_bbg_web_shop.jpg
I had my vibrato for 8 years and they broke down. These won't be avail again til July but I will wait it out.

Sent using iCafe app